The Student Room Group

Law after Biomedical Science

Considering what my options are after biomedical science and I'm swaying todays a non-life science career. Although I really want to learn and study biomedical science, I couldn't see myself using it as a career. I'm not considering Post Grad medicine, however I am looking at the Patents and IP law careers.

Anyone else thinking about this/ no more about it/ has been through this ?

Thank you
Reply 1
I'm currently doing Biomed and I'm also considering doing some sort of postgrad law degree but I don't really know how to go about it
A guy on my biomed course is going to study law in September - so it is possible.

With regards to patent law - I have looked at that myself (but realised my strengths are within the life sciences). Apparently there is a specific masters degree you need to do, and some form of qualification in intellectual property :s-smilie:

There is a thread about on it - have a search!
Reply 3
Original post by Jack7Richards
A guy on my biomed course is going to study law in September - so it is possible.

With regards to patent law - I have looked at that myself (but realised my strengths are within the life sciences). Apparently there is a specific masters degree you need to do, and some form of qualification in intellectual property :s-smilie:

There is a thread about on it - have a search!

You don't need a master, but a PHD looks more attractive. So far, I know you need some sort of 1 year top up and then you become an assistant with a law firm and take some exams. I can't seem to find any more information:frown:
Original post by YB101
You don't need a master, but a PHD looks more attractive. So far, I know you need some sort of 1 year top up and then you become an assistant with a law firm and take some exams. I can't seem to find any more information:frown:

Look it up on www.prospects.ac.uk
thats where I got my information.
Dear everyone that did this. As a wannabe BioMedicine student that is considering doing law after... What is the advice? Is it doable? Is it good? Is it worth it? =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending