The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Simplicity
Was wondering as I the only one of thought of this?

Normally during the exam period I go to sleep at 8pm and wake up 1am. See wonder why no one else does this. You have like eight straight hours of revision where everyone is just sleeping like an idiot.

I'm certain people will disagree with me, but in my experience, so long as you aren't dog tired at the actual exam, you benefit loads by last minute cramming. I've been doing it for years...

that said, if you are too tired at the actual exam you lose, big style.
Reply 2
I know what you mean, I feel so stupid when I wake up every morning D:
Reply 3
If i did this my brains would just be scrambled. I find it bad enough revising the day of my exam because i end up confusing myself and stressing even more. I think it's best just to get a good night sleep personally
No, you will crash in the exam. The silent environment and tediousness of examination will promote tiredness and you will simply not be able to concentrate or recall information efficiently.
Reply 5
I allowing time for the brain to sort itself out after cramming is extremely important. Otherwise you'd just have all this mashed-together information in your head, which you wouldn't be able to sort through during the exam. And tiredness wouldn't help you think straight, either.

I always sleep on it. Then just re-cram the fuzzy stuff on the bus to school in the morning. Works super well.
I employ this tactic for morning exams.

Go to bed 4pm-10pm the day before the exam, and work through the night, taking two 1-hour breaks to relax, then going to the exam in the morning feeling ripe and ready. :h:

For afternoon exams I sleep normally though.
This is so strange to hear - I've revised until no later than 4am then slept for minimum 4 hours. I've always needed sleep - also what about that wall? That point where u cannot take any more? That's where sleep comes in
Original post by Simplicity
Was wondering as I the only one of thought of this?
Normally during the exam period I go to sleep at 8pm and wake up 1am. See wonder why no one else does this. You have like eight straight hours of revision where everyone is just sleeping like an idiot.

12 years later is crazy 😭 but yh i do this all the time idk why ppl havent clocked yet

Latest

Trending

Trending