The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I missed an A2 exam and got 100% in that paper so it could go either way lol...
Reply 21
Original post by ollie82
you don't even have to do it with your school... next year you could redo it while you're doing your a-levels (or do it in the summer, then apply to hand it in when you start college) you can apply as a private candidate, to the same exam board. they'll have your details (your UCI) so you can use your exam result then they'll just add your new coursework result. it's much easier than it sounds.

Ohhh, i get you :wink: that sounds fantastic! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Wodeford

well now do you see why it's worth not failing your exam?! :rolleyes:
Reply 23
Original post by ollie82
well now do you see why it's worth not failing your exam?! :rolleyes:

Yep, I'll speak to my exams officer tomorrow :smile: thanks man
Nope. It's because I did badly in a piece of coursework which has stopped me from getting an A or an A* in geography, so I'd rather it not show up at all. Bring on the hate.

Tell your school you plan on not turning up to the exam and getting a U, and that it'll look bad on their results. Chances are they'll agree to withdraw you as it's better for all involved. Worked for me with tech :colondollar:

You'll need to find an approved marker willing to mark it though, and that isn't always easy.
Reply 26
Original post by ollie82
you don't even have to do it with your school... next year you could redo it while you're doing your a-levels (or do it in the summer, then apply to hand it in when you start college) you can apply as a private candidate, to the same exam board. they'll have your details (your UCI) so you can use your exam result then they'll just add your new coursework result. it's much easier than it sounds.

In general it it not possible to take controlled assessment as a private candidate so this wouldn't be possible.
Reply 27
Original post by Data
In general it it not possible to take controlled assessment as a private candidate so this wouldn't be possible.

you can as a private candidate enrolled in a private college - or even at the same school. he can just do it with the year below or do it at another college. i know lots of people at my college who do that!
Reply 28
Original post by ollie82
you can as a private candidate enrolled in a private college

If you are enrolled at the college then you are a centre candidate.

Original post by ollie82
or even at the same school. he can just do it with the year below or do it at another college. i know lots of people at my college who do that!

You can't be both a centre candidate and a private candidate at the same centre - if you are enrolled at the centre you are a centre candidate.

As I said, many specifications with controlled assessment are specifically not available to private candidates.
Reply 29
Nope. It's because I did badly in a piece of coursework which has stopped me from getting an A or an A* in geography, so I'd rather it not show up at all. Bring on the hate.

I think you still have to declare U's now on Ucas which makes getting one pointless. If you're doing it out of pride then that's just stupid.
Reply 30

Oh God not a B! Oh the shame!
Reply 31
THIS CONVERSATION S ALREADY RESOLVED.

all the points being mentioned have already been mentioned and are therefore of no further help.
Reply 32
My teacher isn't letting me redo it even though she still has 2 months to hand them in.

I bet she'll change her mind. also I am not utterly ashamed by my B in GCSE Geo.:biggrin:
My teacher isn't letting me redo it even though she still has 2 months to hand them in. :frown:

Time to get your parents in-if you want a resit you should be able to have it.
As far as I'm aware you might get charged for the exam by your school/whoever has entered you and maybe a chat from a teacher/tutor.

Right SECONDLY can people stop giving this guy a hard time? Let me just explain my situation.

I'm a musician and I've applied for a music related course at the University of Westminster in London. The University are MORE INTERESTED in my musical ability than my A-levels and because of that I've been offered a place if I can just get two C's at A-level. Everyone got me?

I currently study 3 A-levels and although I only need two of them I will be having a crack at all of them in case something goes drastically wrong in one of them. But in order to be classed as in 'full time education' I needed to take an extension course at the start of the year - out of the bunch offered I chose Critical Thinking which is an AS.

I DO NOT NEED IT FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO AND WILL PROBABLY FAIL IT

I got a U in the January exam (perhaps partly because I was suffering from a throat infection) and to bring the grade up considerably I would need to work for it. It's just added stress that I can do without in exam season.

So if this guy won't need the GCSE he might not turn up for LET HIM GO AHEAD HE DOESN'T NEED IT
Reply 35
I needed a **** during my exam and they didn't let me go and I ended up ******* myself wtf
Original post by huiij
I needed a **** during my exam and they didn't let me go and I ended up ******* myself wtf

and i dint a understand a **** you said
Reply 37
This is resolved, all of you shut up...
Original post by lissie7
This is resolved, all of you shut up...

wait how is it resolved
and you shut up
Reply 39
Original post by nityaaditya
wait how is it resolved
and you shut up

He's been given support and advice. He's said thank you and probably logged off. Therefore, it's been resolved.

Latest