The Student Room Group

Did anyone make any stupid mistakes in their GCSE exams?

I missed out on 2 marks in science because I didn't write down the correct equation for me to rearrange it and then substitute the numbers in. I did it on higher tier but not on foundation. I also can't do separate papers higher and foundation, I am more comfortable with combined science papers. What I did was invent my own equation with what the question was asking for as the subject of the formula and substituted it Guess it could be because I went more stupid and other factors and it's good I did foundation.
Reply 1
Original post by Anony345533
I missed out on 2 marks in science because I didn't write down the correct equation for me to rearrange it and then substitute the numbers in. I did it on higher tier but not on foundation. I also can't do separate papers higher and foundation, I am more comfortable with combined science papers. What I did was invent my own equation with what the question was asking for as the subject of the formula and substituted it Guess it could be because I went more stupid and other factors and it's good I did foundation.
Hallo... in the real GCSE i left out 12 markers in my business and sociology exam. I had really poor time management, so don't worry it can still turn out well. I ended up getting 9s in both:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by halfharry
Hallo... in the real GCSE i left out 12 markers in my business and sociology exam. I had really poor time management, so don't worry it can still turn out well. I ended up getting 9s in both:smile:
It can turn out well if you did higher, not if you do foundation
Reply 3
honestly i did WAYYY worse than expected in my exams as i really struggled with time management in pretty much all of my papers (turns out i actually should've had extra time). i literally missed like 4 x 6 markers in geography and got a 5 (i was predicted an 8). i also missed a 20 marker in my english language paper 1. despite all of that im doing the subjects i always wanted to do in the school i wanted to do them in :-)
Reply 4
Original post by halfharry
oooooo well done on the 9s!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by s3r3nn
oooooo well done on the 9s!!!!
thank you😭😭😭.... sitting 12 gcses was stressful but nothing compared to a levels😭

Quick Reply

Latest