The Student Room Group

Is it bad I'm still gaming and watching netflix days before an exam?

I'm still gaming and watching netflix before my exam, and my family are saying I shouldn't be doing that before a GCSE exam. What do you guys think about generally relaxing/be relaxed before and exam?
Reply 1
tbh i think that it isn't a good idea, as this is wasting your time but revision for these exams are rlly important. i'm also doing gsces and i think that you should focus on revising and maybe do these things in the summer holidays whilst you have free time and a long break. i also agree with your family because it is important to be able to memorize key things for your exam
Original post by driftingpenguin
I'm still gaming and watching netflix before my exam, and my family are saying I shouldn't be doing that before a GCSE exam. What do you guys think about generally relaxing/be relaxed before and exam?

Hey @driftingpenguin

In my opinion I disagree with your family just because you need to make sure that you don't burn yourself out for the exam (especially as there are so many for your GCSE's) and also by doing something you enjoy its a way of relaxing. My advice would be to make sure you are still revising but give time to yourself everyday so you are not overloaded.

A way of doing this could be to set up a revision timetable and put in breaks and also a time in which you can stop revising and just relax. This way then you won't feel guilty over doing this.

For the day before an exam what I usually do is go over all my notes make sure I know everything I possibly can and anything I'm still stuck on I will go over one last time and maybe do a couple of practise questions. But I try not to do too much as I find it adds more stress, so once I have done this I allow myself to relax for the rest of the day.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!:smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Reply 3
Lamo they're gcses. You just have to turn up to pass. They're like participation awards these days.

I think that if you feel confident about the exam, there's no denying you having some fun and relaxing before your exam. Obviously, there's a difference between procrastination and being genuinely prepared for the exam, so if you're procrastinating studying, then you should get a last bit of revision done.
If you're confident that you've done all you can, then carry on netflix and gaming, it's important to not stress yourself out before the exam.
Good luck for your exams, you got this!
thanks guys
Reply 6
thanks guys

you're welcome<3
i always be gaming before the exam, rock on my guy
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest