The Student Room Group

Extremely far behind in work - Law

Not exactly sure when exams are, but I guess they are in about 2 months. If i get my head down now, is it still possible to get a first in my exams? How much studying per day should I be doing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCount.
Not exactly sure when exams are, but I guess they are in about 2 months. If i get my head down now, is it still possible to get a first in my exams? How much studying per day should I be doing?

It's possible, yes. If you make a timetable you can get quite a lot of work done. It's completely achievable if you put your mind to it.
Reply 2
Original post by somethingbeautiful
it's possible, yes. If you make a timetable you can get quite a lot of work done. It's completely achievable if you put your mind to it.

you do philosophy lawl.
Reply 3
you do philosophy lawl.

lol
you do philosophy lawl.

Great response to someone who tried to help you. I hope you fail.

lol
Reply 5
you do philosophy lawl.

Why are you laughing at him? You're the one flopping your 'better' (according to you) degree.
you do philosophy lawl.

It's gonna kick off now. Just watch.
Reply 7
Wasn't trying to be provoke an arguement. The respondent does study Philosophy. Not a particularly contentious statement...
(edited 12 years ago)
you do philosophy lawl.

What is your point?

Edit: I'd like to say - I commented on this thread because I go through the 'unanswered threads' section where people haven't had responses for quite a while after starting their thread. I like to help people or at least bump up their thread so that other people can offer help. You're an ungrateful ****. I wasted my time trying to help you, obviously. Have a good evening.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
you do philosophy lawl.

Reply 10
Youre response to him was completely inapropriate, you meant it as though you think you're better than him, because he does Philosophy and you do Law, which is not true, you are very stuck up, vile and disgusting, i think you should be removed at once from this website.
Reply 11
Didn't realise there were so many philosophy students on TSR. I take it back, it's not a completely pointless degree and you won't all be unemployed. For future reference, I'll have large fries xxx
Reply 12
Original post by DZJX
Youre response to him was completely inapropriate, you meant it as though you think you're better than him, because he does Philosophy and you do Law, which is not true, you are very stuck up, vile and disgusting, i think you should be removed at once from this website.

... and you are either A) unable to use full-stops or B) overly fond of using commas.
Didn't realise there were so many philosophy students on TSR. I take it back, it's not a completely pointless degree and you won't all be unemployed. For future reference, I'll have large fries xxx

With your 3rd in law, you will get free lunches in your future Maccy D job
Dude, you shouldn't be on TSR.
Reply 15
Original post by motunrolarulz
Dude, you shouldn't be on TSR.

Dude, why is this? - because I don't masturbate over world of warcraft?
I did a law degree and I can say no, you won't do well.

At this time last year, I had books compiled of all my notes in all the topics I was doing in each of my subjects. I had written a number of essays per subject. I was revising already.
Original post by Rancorous
I did a law degree and I can say no, you won't do well.

At this time last year, I had books compiled of all my notes in all the topics I was doing in each of my subjects. I had written a number of essays per subject. I was revising already.

I started revising for my (law) exams about 2 months before them (and we hadn't finished the syllabus until 3 weeks or so before) and got a first. For one of my best papers, I was still revising 40 minutes before! It is possible.

Although the OP could have said thank you to the person who answered their question rather than insulting their degree.
Original post by gethsemane342
I started revising for my (law) exams about 2 months before them (and we hadn't finished the syllabus until 3 weeks or so before) and got a first. For one of my best papers, I was still revising 40 minutes before! It is possible.

Although the OP could have said thank you to the person who answered their question rather than insulting their degree.

It is possible. Though you do go to Cambridge? At most other universities, students have exams in May, not June. My exams were in early May. So he likely has less time than you might have thought.
Original post by Rancorous
It is possible. Though you do go to Cambridge? At most other universities, students have exams in May, not June. My exams were in early May. So he likely has less time than you might have thought.

I had exams last year in early June. I began revision in April (indeed, I spent March on work experience...). So you started in February for exams in May (i.e. 3 months). As a result, I actually had the same time as the OP mentioned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending