The Student Room Group

Advice for applying to law

Honestly idek what to do anymore it's
so frustrating I wanna do law now however the grade requirements are way too high and I thought of doing pathway to law to try reduce the grade requirements but now it's too late and basically I'll have to only apply to unis who offer a star aa or aaa if I get lucky with my 2 contextual factor(free school meals and poor performing state school)
):

Btw apart from this I'd only wanna do med and I can't cuz I don't do chem 👍
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
law and med are both very very hard subjects so if ur not a thousand percent sure i would personally say don’t do them and maybe take a gap year to figure out ?
Reply 2
I agree with izzy sounds like you really aren't sure enough about either otherwise you would've chosen your A levels with either one or the other in mind. There are alternative pathways into medicine now such as foundation years, apprenticeships etc so maybe look into those.
Original post by D17Hio
Honestly idek what to do anymore it's
so frustrating I wanna do law now however the grade requirements are way too high and I thought of doing pathway to law to try reduce the grade requirements but now it's too late and basically I'll have to only apply to unis who offer a star aa or aaa if I get lucky with my 2 contextual factor(free school meals and poor performing state school)
):

Btw apart from this I'd only wanna do med and I can't cuz I don't do chem 👍
Hi @D17Hio

I would say, rather than worry too much about missing the deadline, I would wait a year and apply next round. That way you can apply to unis with the grades you know you have (where you know you meet the standards) and will have a far less stressful application round. This also won't be a wasted year because you can use it to get good work experience, earn some real life experiences or simply enjoy having a break before uni starts. Also, it feels as if being a year behind is a big deal but at uni no one knows how old each other is, lots of people come from different backgrounds and careers so there is no right time to go and no rush!

Of course, you could still apply this round but don't feel dejected if it doesn't go to plan!

I hope this helps and good luck 🙂

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending