The Student Room Group

work experience and Oxford law

hi, i'm a 16 year old who really enjoyed his work experience placements, and just emailed 4 more firms about more work experience, but is now unsure on whether or not he should even be aiming for oxford even though it's been his dream for years.

through research, i've figured out that law at oxford is very much the academic study of law, with modules like Roman law, and i'm honestly just very unsure as to whether that would suit me, what i want, and whether or not all the law courses in university are like this.

i know that i want to be a solicitor/barrister, hopefully working in employment law, employee discrimination/unfair dismissal, hopefully as a LGBTQ lawyer, but i'm having extreme doubts about how ready i am to undertake logical thinking of that level to even get there? through the LNAT into the interview into oxford (in an ideal world) or any other university.

i love the practicality of soliciting work, meeting clients, thinking of solutions to problems, but i'm suddenly realising how much growth i'm going to need to do to get there in the way that i think.

i don't want to doubt myself academically because i have taken part in essay competitions such as jle, and i'm definitely learning, but it seems so intimidating to go into academic study of something that feels like its been hidden behind a shroud this whole time.

and does oxford even value work experience? i just want to get as much as i can because it's fun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending