The Student Room Group

What is your least favorite month of the year?

Mine without doubt has to be Febuary.

Never liked it, I've always associated it with **** weather, cold, grey, wet with nothing to look forward to. Usually I would have a sense of nostalgic about times of the year, particulary summer and winter. But never febuary, don't think ive ever felt the desire for febuary to hurry up and arrive.

It is similar to November, but november at least has the memories of the summer fresh (kind of), so you don't mind so much that the nights are shorter and the weather is getting cold, in fact I usually look forward to the cold weather in november, plus christmas is just around the corner.

Febuary however, youve had enough winter weather, you just want to get back into the summer mood, but you can't.

Febuary is just so depressing. Thankfully it is offically March and even though spring doesnt offically start for another 20days, it feels like spring already.

Can't wait for the end of March when the clocks go back...**** yeah
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

October. Starts getting dark earlier, everything just seems to slow down...
(edited 12 years ago)
June. I hate hot weather :nothing:
May- exam month :frown:

As for February, I quite like it since its my birthday month :colondollar:
Reply 4
January. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD IN JANUARY. fu exams

atleast with june you know once your done, your finished with the year.
Reply 5
January.
February, it's just a bit cold and damp, you've lost the "new year - new start" feeling from January and your waiting for the Spring to arrive come March!
January.

Its freezing cold, and probably snowing.
Its dark by half 4
You're completely skint
You feel guilty because of the amount of food consumed over christmas
You won't be seeing some of your extended family for an entire year
You have to face going back to work or revision/exams, nothing immediate to look forward to.

Its all uphill from there :smile:
I'd have to go with October. Not because there's anything particularly bad about it, but just that every other month had more going for it. My birthday is in January, mine and my BFs anniversary is in February, plus during February the first signs of spring appear. November has Bonfire Night and the build up to Advent, plus the first frosts often don't happen until November.

Something I do really like about October is something that happens in September as well - I love it when you open the door in the morning and you can smell autumn in the air. I love that smell - I think it's the smell of the earth after there's been a shower overnight, mixed with that of fallen leaves. It doesn't tend to happen in November, for some reason.
Reply 9
Original post by Paul McCartney
June. I hate hot weather :nothing:

Well whats the problem? its not like England ever gets that hot anyway even in summer.
I don't have a least favourite month but I think that thursday is usually the worst day of the week.
Reply 11
I don't really like April as it is kind of an in-between month :rolleyes:
Original post by DZJX
Well whats the problem? its not like England ever gets that hot anyway even in summer.

I'm not in England, I live in the Philippines. It's always so hot here and I hate it because you get heat rash in the middle of December, and this awful monsoon season from July - September :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by AMELIA-x
I don't really like April as it is kind of an in-between month :rolleyes:
And let's not forget... APRIL FOOL'S! :tongue:

As for me, I'd have to say my least favourite month of the year would have to be March. I mean, come on? What is it?
Reply 14
January.
- School/college starts again
- Exams
- Cold weather
- Usually quite poor
- Gets dark earlier

Though, February isn't good either. July is probably the best. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Paul McCartney
I'm not in England, I live in the Philippines. It's always so hot here and I hate it because you get heat rash in the middle of December, and this awful monsoon season from July - September :s-smilie:

Oh sorry, there was no flag on your name or post so I just assumed. well you know what they say about assuming things...
December. Often cold, wet, miserable and the whole christmas being shoved down everybody's throat.
Reply 17
Original post by The_master616
December. Often cold, wet, miserable and the whole christmas being shoved down everybody's throat.

Reply 18
february for me too - its ****e - but its over now, happy days
Reply 19
May because of the exams and hot weather.

Quick Reply

Latest