The Student Room Group

Is it fine to put 3 uni choices that match my predicted grades?

Is it fine to put down 3 choices which exactly require what you are predicted?
Hey there, moved your thread to the applications and UCAS forum and changed the name of the thread so people know what you're asking

I think putting three choices that match your predicted grades is fine, if you think you'll achieve your predicted grades :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)
Absolutely fine. It's usually recommend to do 1 or 2 above, 2-3 in line with predictions, and one slightly below. Obviously not possible in all cases and there should be more to deciding than grade requirements, but just as a rough ballpark :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is it fine to put down 3 choices which exactly require what you are predicted?

Hi!

Yes, if you feel confident that's perfectly fine although I'd recommend at least one that's lower. Personally I went with 2 higher than my grades but that I really wanted (I got an offer from one of them), Then 2 with my predicted grades and one below (I got offers from all of these - woop woop). The most important thing is to like all the universities you put down, you will probably have a favorite or some you prefer but it's good to like them all as you could end up at any of them.

It's a scary process dealing with all this UCAS stuff but try and trust yourself and how you're feeling. I'm sure it'll all go great! If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending