The Student Room Group

Sociology AS unit 2 MAY 2012!! (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Shaft284
Could that get 20 marks or do you have to put in more policies?[/QU
I typed in the new labour policies, but it doesn't seem to have come out completely when i sent the post :/
And Marketisation questions will always be 12 markers...i think...it wont be asses marketisation type, urm...put in a new lanbour poilicy, and in conclusion, decide which poilcy has had a bigger impact on marketisation. :smile:
Reply 141
alright thankyou.. so you think that ethnicity will be the big 20 marker?
Reply 142
Original post by sharon800
for some reason i think marketisation and policies will definetely come up i THINK
and maybe something to do with either ethnicity or role of education?? Oh my, i just wish something to do with role of education comes up, its so good :smile: i dont like marketisation :/

Not sure if role of education will come up because there was a question like it on jan 2011 paper: Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess the view that the education system
exists mainly to select and prepare young people for their future work roles
Reply 143
please can someone give me a list of policies that i need to include if a marketisation policies question comes up... :smile:
Reply 144
Not sure if role of education will come up because there was a question like it on jan 2011 paper: Using material from Item A and elsewhere, assess the view that the education system
exists mainly to select and prepare young people for their future work roles

Damn it! i was really hoping role of education came up :/
how much revision have you done? AND how do you revise for sociology...how many hours etc per day, techniques?
Reply 145
Original post by sharon800
Damn it! i was really hoping role of education came up :/
how much revision have you done? AND how do you revise for sociology...how many hours etc per day, techniques?

Only just started today, ive been doing it since 8 o clock this morning and i really dont know what techniques to use ive tryed reading my text book and making notes but doesnt seem to be working want to just focus on the questions that might come up instead of revising it all :frown:
Reply 146
Does anyone have fully written revision notes for Unit 2? It would be a great help.
Reply 147
Really hoping Marxism comes up! Anyone know when it last came up?
Reply 149
Original post by StudentL
Research methods revision

You are an absolute LIFE SAVER!!!
Reply 150
"Does anyone have fully written revision notes for Unit 2? It would be a great help." just read over your textbooks or class notes and write down key sociologists for that specific section for example gender differences in educational achievements and memorise those sociologists and apply to questions. With the research method + education gather advantages and disadvantages with sociologists to back up.
Reply 151
Only just started today, ive been doing it since 8 o clock this morning and i really dont know what techniques to use ive tryed reading my text book and making notes but doesnt seem to be working want to just focus on the questions that might come up instead of revising it all :frown:

oh okay, well i just use my notes and make spider diagrams, and essay plans :/
really want an A in this
Reply 152
Guys my teacher helped me learn PET issues and it is so so so helpful, It may benefit.. so I'll tell you how to remember it, right. Imagine, a dog, dressed as a tramp, dripping with sweat picking it's nose..
(Pratical issues...)
T- time
R- research characteristics
A- Access
M- Money
P- Personal skills.
(Ethical issues.)
D- deception
R- right to withdraw
I- Informed consent
P- Protection
S- sensitivity
(Theoretical issues.)
P- Positivism
I- Interpretivism
Q- Quantitative
Q- Qualitative.

It's helped me so much, I think I remember it because it's silly and if you can remember it that way you'll get good marks in your methods bit.
I'm quite scared about this exam, just want it to be over and done with.
Good luck guys x
Reply 153
Original post by omgg
i heard ethical issues is likely to come up

You must know all of your PET issues anyway otherwise you wont get full marks x
YOU THINK!

omfg.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Kellyxo
You must know all of your PET issues anyway otherwise you wont get full marks x

YOU THINK

omfg.

Reply 156
Original post by BobbyBurke
YOU THINK

omfg.

Don't be sarcastic somebody said they think just ethical issues are gonna come up, but clearly you need to use every single issue in your essay don't get rude.
Original post by Kellyxo
Don't be sarcastic somebody said they think just ethical issues are gonna come up, but clearly you need to use every single issue in your essay don't get rude.

Blatantly a joke, JHEEZ lighten up... If people don't realise that PET is vitally needed, then they shouldn't even be sitting the exam. It's one week before unit 2, they should know everything by now...

Reply 158
Can someone give me some tips on writing conclusions? I'm useless at them!
Also, is there a likley chance ethnic differences may come up?!
Original post by blue_
Can someone give me some tips on writing conclusions? I'm useless at them!
Also, is there a likley chance ethnic differences may come up?!

Literally you just need to sum up a conclusion to what you have wrote about and it should be short and to-the-point.

For example;

As you can now see, structuralist sociologists focus on how important educational institutions are for the individual and the wider society however, these approaches such as those of Functionalists, Marxists and feminists are too directed towards the wider social system and tend to ignore the huge negative impact that education is having on children inside the educational system. Interactionists emphasises those negative factors within schools such as labelling, and anti-school subcultures that are primarily produced by teachers in many circumstances that are affecting the lives of those who would have potentially achieved

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending