The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU New Wharf Halls

As I'm doing art foundation, I have no choice but to live in these halls, so I was just wondering if anyone is living/has lived there, are they alright? Ive always wanted 'fun' halls, not quieter ones, and as the bathrooms are communal, how often are they cleaned? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, i am also being forced to live at New Wharf halls next year, and was also wondering what the communal bathrooms were like...not. <3
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Heyy, Im also moving into New Wharf halls in september! I cannot wait tbh do you no your room numbers? Would be nice to get to know people before moving in, wont be as scary! haha x
Hey, I'm going New Wharf as well. Mine is NW-A-1-12.
Reply 4
Original post by Bloodrush1992
Hey, I'm going New Wharf as well. Mine is NW-A-1-12.

Im on the floor above you NW-A-2-14 :smile:
Original post by Racheeb92

Cool. I already know someone on my floor, one of my friend's from my course I'm on now :smile:
Reply 6
Hey guys ive just finished doing my art and design foundation at DMU and i can honestly say it was a very good year! I also stayed at new wharf halls and was in b-block. The halls are lovely, very safe and very welcoming. The staff and cleaners are very friendly and approachable. The halls are nice, not the most glamourous however are very efficient and vibrant at night. The rooms are a decent size with plenty of storage room, which was something i was worried about. The desk is large ans the vanity unit is very handy as it has a sink and a little light. The room over all is very spacious and cosy. The hallways however can get pretty hot in the summer so beware, also the kitchen in the summer are pretty hot too as theres only one window that opens about 5cm! so it would be very wise to take a fan of some sort. :smile: These halls are shared facilities and youll be happy to hear that its not as bad as it sounds. Before i started, i was thinking "oh my god im going to be sharing a manky toilet and shower" but thats noot the case at all! You get cleaners in twice a week and they do a very good job! theyre also very nice and if your nice enough to them, theyll do a little extra that they dont have to lol! Its a very fun hall and full of first years so it'll be a blast! It's very close to town, literally 5 minute walk up the road! Goodluck guys and if theres any more questions be sure to ask! :smile:
If anyone wants to see photos of the rooms and kitchen, if you add the DMU New Wharf Hall 2012-2013 group on facebook, they have photos, not many but a few :smile:
Reply 8
NW-B-4-04
Reply 9
NW-B-4-04, excited!
NW-B-3-04, when can I expect to know how many people sharing a flat with me?
Original post by Racheeb92

Hey, and Im on the floor above you NW-A-3-09 :smile: !
Original post by surjitrehal
Hey guys ive just finished doing my art and design foundation at DMU and i can honestly say it was a very good year! I also stayed at new wharf halls and was in b-block. The halls are lovely, very safe and very welcoming. The staff and cleaners are very friendly and approachable. The halls are nice, not the most glamourous however are very efficient and vibrant at night. The rooms are a decent size with plenty of storage room, which was something i was worried about. The desk is large ans the vanity unit is very handy as it has a sink and a little light. The room over all is very spacious and cosy. The hallways however can get pretty hot in the summer so beware, also the kitchen in the summer are pretty hot too as theres only one window that opens about 5cm! so it would be very wise to take a fan of some sort. :smile: These halls are shared facilities and youll be happy to hear that its not as bad as it sounds. Before i started, i was thinking "oh my god im going to be sharing a manky toilet and shower" but thats noot the case at all! You get cleaners in twice a week and they do a very good job! theyre also very nice and if your nice enough to them, theyll do a little extra that they dont have to lol! Its a very fun hall and full of first years so it'll be a blast! It's very close to town, literally 5 minute walk up the road! Goodluck guys and if theres any more questions be sure to ask! :smile:

Hello, thanks for sharing your experience with us, may I please know whether we will have to pay for our own internet connection? Thank you
Reply 13
Hey I just found out im going to be staying at New Wharf Halls this year im a fresher was looking to see who else is staying there, or anyone who has stayed there what it was like and just general feelings :smile: im in NW-D-2-07
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CaseyBwoy
Hey I just found out im going to be staying at New Wharf Halls this year im a fresher was looking to see who else is staying there, or anyone who has stayed there what it was like and just general feelings :smile: im in NW-D-2-07

Hey, I'm in NW-D-2-12. When do you move in? Also do you know anything about the policies on having guests stay round?
Reply 15
I'm so excited but so worried about who I'm going to share the place with but ohh well... NW-C-0-03
Is anybody moving to New Wharf this august (2014)?? i got an offer for the art foundation :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by mattwaldeck
Is anybody moving to New Wharf this august (2014)?? i got an offer for the art foundation :biggrin:

yeah i was having a look at some of the halls and I think I'll be staying at New Wharf! I got an offer for Retail Management!
I'm staying in NW-B-2-08 Anyone else on the dance course?
I'm staying in the New Wharf Hall (NW-D-1-06). I'm doing the Art and Design Foundation course!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending