The Student Room Group

Is University of Glasgow a good choice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Is this still the situation?
Hi everyone,

Are these information about Adam Smith business school still remain true? I have got an offer for a Msc Corporate Governance and Accountability at UoG and and I am worried now. I am a student from overseas and I want to improve my english too but as I understand there are a lot non local lecturers with bad english.. Or please, should I apply for other uni like Surrey which is ranked 4th by the Guardian?
Thanks ahead guys
Reply 22
Hello, I am starting Economics/Accountancy in September at University of Glasgow, but what I have read just now is really troubling news. Is everything mentioned above true about it? Anything changed? Is it better now or worst?
I m just gonna read a response, because there is a lot of negativity going around. I have started my Economics undergrad degree in Glasgow uni (finishing first semester). I absolutely love it. Facilities are great, subjects structured well and there is tons of support of you need it. Basically I could not ask for more. Also, this is uni, so you should not expect to be force fed like in school. You are supposed to be self motivated to learn what you enjoy learning. However, they won't let you fall behind even if you are a slacker, basically you need to really try to fail your first year.
I m just posting to say that is too much negativity in this thread. First year of Economics undergrad in Glasgow uni, 100% satisfied with a everything. Also, this is my second degree, so I have some standards to compare it too. Everyone here is super helpful, the structure of the program won't let you fall behind too much even if you re not self-motivated (but please, don't go to uni if you are not into it), and facilities are great.
Reply 25
Is the university facilities, support and lectures still that bad or has it improved? What is the situation now?
Reply 26
Bump
Reply 27
Bump again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending