The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Glasgow uni vs Strathclyde uni

I have been 50/50 attending either. I've got unconditionals for both, going into Aerospace engineering. I know strathclyde is generally great for engineering, but glasgow is bigger as a whole and known for aero stuff. This has been asked years ago but a modern outlook would be good.
Personally, I prefer Strathclyde Uni due to their industrial links and teaching staff. Glasgow Uni is good but can seem "overcrowded" at times. Students from both Unis also were pretty engaged which is always a good sign.
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by Alex0620
I have been 50/50 attending either. I've got unconditionals for both, going into Aerospace engineering. I know strathclyde is generally great for engineering, but glasgow is bigger as a whole and known for aero stuff. This has been asked years ago but a modern outlook would be good.
I do engineering at Glasgow and am happy to answer any specific questions you have, although I don't do aero.
Hey @Alex0620

Congratulations on your university offers!
Both Glasgow and Strathclyde are fortunate to be located in Glasgow which is a great city to be a student and I've loved my time in. Strathclyde is more central whereas Glasgow is out in the west end.

Strathclyde does have a great engineering department and I have friends studying who have enjoyed the facilities and the course.

I'd suggest having a look at the course spec again and see for future years of there are classes or electives at either that strike as more appealing. Equally consider the wider univedisty life and see if there are clubs or societies at either you'd want to be involved in.

Best wishes for your decision and all the best for your studies.
Catherine- Univeristy of Strathclyde Student Ambassador

Hey I’ve accepted my offer for aero-mechanical engineering at Strathclyde uni for starting this September, I was also stuck between both unis. Have you made your choice yet?
Reply 5
Original post by lucyjayne.d
Hey I’ve accepted my offer for aero-mechanical engineering at Strathclyde uni for starting this September, I was also stuck between both unis. Have you made your choice yet?

Yeah just chose Strath too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending