The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

HNC Accounting as entry into BA Accounting and Finance

Funny story,

Mature student, applying with HNC Accounting in lieu of other qualifications. Finance and Business Law at Strathclyde was my first choice, Accountancy and Finance (N4N3) at Glasgow and Accounting & Finance (NN43) at Strathclyde was my safety.

Got accepted to Strathclyde for Finance and Business Law (BA Joint Hons), Accounting & Finance (BA Joint Hons).

Reply from Glasgow: 'We do not accept your HNC for entry to this degree.'

My understanding is that overall Glasgow seems to be more prestigious, Business School might leave a lot to be desired so Strathclyde would be the more competitive one.

Has anyone else been rejected from their safety but got an offer from their first choice?

Also would you expect slightly better answer than just no or am I being unreasonable here?

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Funny story,

Mature student, applying with HNC Accounting in lieu of other qualifications. Finance and Business Law at Strathclyde was my first choice, Accountancy and Finance (N4N3) at Glasgow and Accounting & Finance (NN43) at Strathclyde was my safety.

Got accepted to Strathclyde for Finance and Business Law (BA Joint Hons), Accounting & Finance (BA Joint Hons).

Reply from Glasgow: 'We do not accept your HNC for entry to this degree.'

My understanding is that overall Glasgow seems to be more prestigious, Business School might leave a lot to be desired so Strathclyde would be the more competitive one.

Has anyone else been rejected from their safety but got an offer from their first choice?

Also would you expect slightly better answer than just no or am I being unreasonable here?

Thanks

Hello!
Congrats on receiving your offers, that's great news :biggrin: Our Accounting programmes are very competitive so receiving an offer is great news. I'm glad you've got a place for your first choice programme too :smile: If you're looking for any feedback on the decision from Glasgow then I'd get in touch with their admissions teams so they can clarify things for you.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by University of Strathclyde
Hello!
Congrats on receiving your offers, that's great news :biggrin: Our Accounting programmes are very competitive so receiving an offer is great news. I'm glad you've got a place for your first choice programme too :smile: If you're looking for any feedback on the decision from Glasgow then I'd get in touch with their admissions teams so they can clarify things for you.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Thanks Caitlin,

Will do it just to satisfy my curiosity haha. I wouldn't even consider Glasgow for Finance if I got an offer from Strathclyde (which I did so happy days). I just laughed when I got declined given it was my safety and have already been given an offer from you.

Anyway good luck to everyone else, don't give up if you've not gotten what you wished for. I got multiple offers and I'm sure that's a case for quite a few students, so there's gonna be plenty clearance slots!!
Similar position here, though working towards an HND. I've received an unconditional for accounting and finance at strathclyde which I'm ecstatic to have received- though still waiting to hear back from Glasgow. I did see that their entry requirements on their website specifically said they will not consider HNC, only HND. Also require higher maths at B and a summer school placement to be successfully completed.

There doesn't appear to much difference between the courses and universities at all ranking wise, with Strathclyde well thought of for their business school- which does seem strange given the extra requirements from Glasgow uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending