The Student Room Group

Glasgow Uni Engineering vs Strathclyde Uni Engineering

I got a conditional offer from both universities to do a Batchelor's in Mechanical Engineering, I went to both open days and I have to say Glasgow was an amazing university and it felt surreal. Then I went to Strathclyde and it was very high-tech and in the middle of the city, and overall has a better reputation than Uni of Glasgow for engineering.

Can anyone who is maybe doing engineering at either uni maybe give me some of their experiences so I can make the right choice?
Original post by patrickhale
I got a conditional offer from both universities to do a Batchelor's in Mechanical Engineering, I went to both open days and I have to say Glasgow was an amazing university and it felt surreal. Then I went to Strathclyde and it was very high-tech and in the middle of the city, and overall has a better reputation than Uni of Glasgow for engineering.
Can anyone who is maybe doing engineering at either uni maybe give me some of their experiences so I can make the right choice?
Hello @patrickhale :biggrin: Massive congrats on your offers!! That's a really good position to be in!!

Which campus felt most like your 'place' when you visited? Can you imagine yourself at one campus more than the other? Was there anything that you maybe didn't like or didn't manage to find out at the open days? Both are really good options for Engineering and it's just about feeling like you've found the right course for you. Try to get back to the campuses for offer holder days or just for a visit and have a think about your student life and what matters most to you!

We use Unibuddy at Strathclyde and I'm sure that Glasgow do too. If you don't manage to find any students here you could have a look and see if there are any buddies who can share their experiences? You could also try connecting with previous applicants who had accepted their offer in our 2023/2022 applicant threads on TSR if you scroll through the forums? :smile:

Wishing you tons of luck, and of course if you've any questions about Strathclyde specifically drop me a message.

Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Are you starting September 2024? Also have you decided already?
Original post by lucybradford5656
Are you starting September 2024? Also have you decided already?

Yeah I went to both open days and decided Glasgow is more my sort of place, just felt like I belonged there. I chose Glasgow as my firm and strath as my insurance offer.

Yeah I start september 2024. You?
Yeah I went to both open days and decided Glasgow is more my sort of place, just felt like I belonged there. I chose Glasgow as my firm and strath as my insurance offer.
Yeah I start september 2024. You?

I also start this September. Are you BEng? I'm an international student, would love to get to know others doing the course!

Quick Reply

Latest