The Student Room Group

P2 Additional Science Next week!!

Scroll to see replies

I finished with like 15 minutes to spare, I was all like, I have done everything wrong. I'm usually down to the teeth in science exams, but I had extra time? Oh well, I deffo got half marks at least I reckon, so C at the worst. Woop! xD
Reply 141
I'm sure from my graph there was no correlation between the current and p.d :confused:

If I put no you can't tell because of the anomalies would you get the mark? As long as what you put is backed up by evidence does it matter whether you say yes or no?

Anyone?
Reply 142
Can somebody do an unofficial mark scheme for the Higher Tier P2 paper?
Not necessarily all of the marks, but from the ones you can remember, can you let me know some answers? Just want a general guideline of how well I done
This was originally written by MissGeek
I quote:
Hi everyone, I have made an unofficial markscheme from all of the questions and answers which I can remember. I do apologise in advance if the questions are not in the correct order, or if the order confuses you.

How is velocity different to speed? (1)
Velocity includes direction, whereas speed doesn't.

Look at the car below. At first, the car is travelling at a constant velocity of 12 m/s. It then travels at 23 m/s in 4 seconds. Calculate the acceleration (2)
2.75 m/s^2

Explain what happens to the horizontal forces acting on the car in the first 2 seconds of acceleration. (3)
The driving force increases, and the frictional force increases as well. As the speed increases, the air resistance increases, which reduces the resultant force. (I can't remember what else I put)

Explain how a 36 volt battery can be made from individual 1.2 volt cells. In your answer, you must include a calculation (3)
A battery is several cells connected together. Several 1.2 volt cells can be connected together to form a 36-volt battery. (36/1.2=30). 30 1.2 volt cells can be connected together to form a 36-volt battery. (I didn't write "connected in series" but that answer may be correct, unsure though)

Hypothesis - What will happen to current if ......... is increased? (1) (I can't remember this question entirely)
It will increase.

In the circuit diagram below, name the device which .......? (1) (I think it was something to do with potential difference)
Variable resistor

What is direct current? (d.c.) (1)
A current that always/constantly flows in the same direction

Calculate the charge. (5A for 2 hours). (2)
36000 C

Explain why a line graph has been used to show the data (1)
The data is continuos (variable)

What is most likely to have caused the anomaly on the line graph? (1)
The voltage or current may have been measured incorrectly.
The data may have been recorded or plotted incorrectly

A cyclist is riding a bike. The cyclist weighs 90kg, and the bike is 30kg. The bike is travelling at 6m/s. Calculate the kinetic energy of the cyclist and the bike.
Answer = 2160J

What would happen to the distance that the bicycle could cover if more weight was added to it? (can't exactly remember how this question was worded, sorry)
it would be less/decrease

2 ice skaters are shown below. They both have the same mass and are both moving at the same speed. Why is their momentum different? (1)
They both have a different velocity/direction.

Use the equation to work out the mass of the skateboard (3)
Answer = 2.2 kg

What is meant by mass number of an atom? (1)
The total number of protons and neutrons that an atom has.

Explain why a beta decay wouldn't change the mass number (2)
Beta is an electron, not a neutron, so no neutrons are gained. Mass number only includes protons and neutrons.

Complete the equation for the alpha decay (1)
Final Answer = 212 (mass number) and 81 (atomic number)

I think I have missed out a few of the questions where we have to use given equations. This unofficial mark scheme is out of roughly 27. Please feel free to add any questions which I have missed or correct some of my answers if they are wrong
Reply 144
Can somebody do an unofficial Structured P2 Mark Scheme for Edexcel 30/05/2012
Reply 145
^^^^ higher tier
Reply 146
This is AQA old spec thread bro

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending