The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by ldvico
I went for file management, processor scheduling and I/O management

I did Processor Management, Memory Management and File management.
For the Mantissa question i sneakily wrote all my answers onto my ruler, so here they are from what i can read of it :

largest Negative Number

1.000000 01111

416 =
0.110100 01001

-12.5 =
1.001110 00100

Aah i copied this down wrong, i've changed it now

The other type of complexity that isn't time complexity is Space Complexity (Cant remember which question)

Q2a)

Form was Backus Naur Form (BNF)

Question 2b)

The decimal number was No (Wouldnt be accepted by the BNF)
The whole number was Yes

One of the Last Questions

The tree will have a loop if the maze has more than 1 distinct solution

Halting Problem Question

Create Program, Without executing it

This is all i remember, the rest was generally wordy/SQL questions
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 482
At FredrickTrott, I got all those answers. I accidently wrote Backus-Naur Notation instead though LOL
Reply 483
Can anyone confirm if it was digital certificates or signatures? I was 100% sure i read certificates, could be wrong though :frown:
Reply 484
Original post by adam925
Can anyone confirm if it was digital certificates or signatures? I was 100% sure i read certificates, could be wrong though :frown:

I do re-call it asking how signatures were generated. I don't remember reading certificates :s-smilie:
Reply 485
Original post by ldvico
I do re-call it asking how signatures were generated. I don't remember reading certificates :s-smilie:

Coming to think of it i think it was :/ I beasted it about certificates..however probs wouldn't get many marks considering it was about a different thing lol.
Reply 486
Original post by adam925

It was definitly signatures. I had to go back and change all of my spellings of it because I kept spelling it signitures. :smile:
Reply 487
Those hand-tracing questions were annoying. I only half filled the first table and the final table was very difficult to follow. The problem with these questions is that you never know when you're supposed to drop to a new row.

For the database question, I wrote to allow multiple copies:
Create BookCopies(BookCopyID,BookID) and replace BookID with BookCopyID in Loans

For the halting problem I put: 'create an algorithm' and (without) 'knowing the outputs'. This is probably partially or completely wrong. I said it was significant: 'Alan Turing proved the answer to the question above to be false. It is an undecidable problem.'. Everything else seemed okay though.
Reply 488
I read signatures as i had to make sure i spelled it correctly, spelling is awful.

Also, i hated that exam... Hated it :frown: stuff came up we havent learned!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by drumdrum
I did Processor Management, Memory Management and File management.

I didn't write management after any of them, I thought that was assumed. Wonder if they'll accept it :P
Original post by drumdrum
I put a^n

yeah, so did I cuz it was a nested loop of 1 to N twice, so if n is 2 loops run 4 times, 3 and 9, 4 and 16, etc
Reply 491
Original post by FredrickTrott
For the error mantissa question, i got overflow, underflow, overflow, but apperently the last one was rounding, would overflow still e correct?

I put overflow, underflow and precision error
Reply 492
Original post by AviationVortex
yeah, so did I cuz it was a nested loop of 1 to N twice, so if n is 2 loops run 4 times, 3 and 9, 4 and 16, etc

Thats n^2
Reply 493
Think I completely messed up the hashing part, but otherwise was a good exam.
Original post by mfmdanny
i put overflow, underflow and precision error

yayyyy, so did i...
Original post by pjjppj
Thats n^2

Yeah, the point I was making LOL.. It was O(n^2)
Reply 496
I put overflow, underflow and precision error

yesss i put the same as well, quite happy with that exam.
Reply 497
Original post by FredrickTrott
For the Mantissa question i sneakily wrote all my answers onto my ruler, so here they are from what i can read of it :

largest Negative Number

1.000000 01111

416 =
0.110100 01001

-12.5 =
1.10011 00101

I think the -12.5 is wrong. Didn't it ask for normalised floating point? So the first 2 bits must be 1.0 or 0.1

Also, did it say "the largest negative number"?
I thought it said "the most negative number," I was like... Huh?
Reply 498

yeah it said "the most negative number" is was like, wtf that's stupid.
Reply 499
I think the -12.5 is wrong. Didn't it ask for normalised floating point? So the first 2 bits must be 1.0 or 0.1

yeah they mean the same thing?

in which case I got that wrong as I think I put the smallest -ve number :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending