The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA German Exam - 18.6.12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Everyone needs to chill out a knit a jumper, k?
Reply 21
I have this exam too. Good luck everybody!
the grade boundaries are ridiculously high!!! :frown:
Reply 23
I have it this afternoon (everyone else too right?), but yeah, the boundaries are very high compared to French; for an a* in german it's about 36, and in French about 30

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
The boundaries were ridiculously high for the last reading. You had to get full marks to get 60 UMS, they are more likely to lower them for the reading and the listening ones weren't that bad so will probably be low(er) again. I got a B in the listening in Jan and was worried I wouldn't even pass - so don't stress! Odd tip I use, close your eyes - closing off one of the senses heightens the others (i.e hearing). Sounds stupid but works!
Reply 25
Original post by mynameismattm
The boundaries were ridiculously high for the last reading. You had to get full marks to get 60 UMS, they are more likely to lower them for the reading and the listening ones weren't that bad so will probably be low(er) again. I got a B in the listening in Jan and was worried I wouldn't even pass - so don't stress! Odd tip I use, close your eyes - closing off one of the senses heightens the others (i.e hearing). Sounds stupid but works!

Thanks for the tip :smile:
Reply 26
How did everyone do on this paper?

I thought it was harder than usual, so hopefully should provide lower grade boundaries.

Notable Questions

Question 1: It was the castle, so was A
Question about 'Paul': Her brother told paul that she wanted him back
Question about looking for jobs: It was D and C - The van with a flower and the receptionist for a dentist
Question about Ulrike and her event: It was a 40th birthday (I completely missed the 40th bit)
Question about the father's hobby; He thought it was a waste of time (I wrote He thought it was not a waste of time :angry:)

Can't think of any more? Just ask if you can!
Original post by shmuxel

I thought it was harder than usual, so hopefully should provide lower grade boundaries.

Notable Questions

Question about looking for jobs: It was D and C - The van with a flower and the receptionist for a dentist
Question about Ulrike and her event: It was a 40th birthday (I completely missed the 40th bit)
Question about the father's hobby; He thought it was a waste of time (I wrote He thought it was not a waste of time :angry:)

Do you have the paper? If so, any chance of posting it up here?? ^^
Reply 28
Did anyone do foundation tier? What did you write about how much they like uncle rolf?
Reply 29
Original post by CheeseLord
Do you have the paper? If so, any chance of posting it up here?? ^^

No sorry, I don't :frown: Anyway the paper would be useless without the listening track!
Reply 30
i thought this was quite hard but there was a high proportion of multiple choice questions
Reply 31
Original post by shmuxel

Notable Questions

ohh was it definitely 40th birthday? I heard 50th :frown:

and for the question about graffiti, what did people put about the his attitude to the headteacher? and what was Bastian's hobby? I got something about cars but that was it..?
Reply 32
It was soooo hard :frown:
Reply 33
i thought the first questions was c because it said weihnachtsmarkt
Reply 34
i put that his hobby was driving really great cars but they polluted the environment
Reply 35
Anyone do foundation tier?
Reply 36
did anyone get AA for the last one?
Reply 37
well i did crap... hate this exam
Reply 38
Original post by frog69
i thought the first questions was c because it said weihnachtsmarkt

thats what i put but apparantly that was for today, and the castle tomorrow :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by trina96
ohh was it definitely 40th birthday? I heard 50th :frown:

and for the question about graffiti, what did people put about the his attitude to the headteacher? and what was Bastian's hobby? I got something about cars but that was it..?

i wasn't sure about the graffiti, but I said he thought it was pointless because it would come back every day and the school children should do it.
And then I guessed he thought she was being unreasonable but I think thats totally wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending