The Student Room Group

gcse german help

hi! if anyone needs any help to gcse german, im taking a level german rn and im gonna study geman at uni in september! feel free to reply to this thread or pm me
Hey there,
I am currently doing my gcse aqa german and I only have my writing exam left to do. What would you say are the best top tips to get high marks on writing? Would you recommend learning the speaking questions we did so they can be used in the writing exam? I just want to do well in writing to make up for the reading and listening (which weren't too bad but not very easy either).
Thank you :smile:.
Original post by eleanor.sarah
hi! if anyone needs any help to gcse german, im taking a level german rn and im gonna study geman at uni in september! feel free to reply to this thread or pm me
Reply 2
Original post by Frizzle16523
Hey there,
I am currently doing my gcse aqa german and I only have my writing exam left to do. What would you say are the best top tips to get high marks on writing? Would you recommend learning the speaking questions we did so they can be used in the writing exam? I just want to do well in writing to make up for the reading and listening (which weren't too bad but not very easy either).
Thank you :smile:.

hi! i didn't get to sit gcses due to covid so i can't remember the ins and outs of the mark scheme!
i do remember my teacher saying to try and use different tenses and you must express opinions. just practice writing as much as you can, something like a diary might be useful!
what kind of questions did you learn for the speaking?
Our speaking exam covered all the topics and had questions like "what would you like to do in the future" and "describe your ideal holiday" which are similar to the questions asked in the writing. Yup our teachers have said the same thing as well, my main issue though is going to be missing out small details like umlauts and the correct adjective endings etc. I'm not too sure how badly it will affect my mark.
Reply 4
Original post by Frizzle16523
Our speaking exam covered all the topics and had questions like "what would you like to do in the future" and "describe your ideal holiday" which are similar to the questions asked in the writing. Yup our teachers have said the same thing as well, my main issue though is going to be missing out small details like umlauts and the correct adjective endings etc. I'm not too sure how badly it will affect my mark.

they sound like great things to revise from what i can remember the questions being like! honestly i barely knew anything about adjective endings at gcse and i still got a 9! there is a much greater focus on adjective endings at a level if you're looking at taking it
Original post by eleanor.sarah
they sound like great things to revise from what i can remember the questions being like! honestly i barely knew anything about adjective endings at gcse and i still got a 9! there is a much greater focus on adjective endings at a level if you're looking at taking it

ok that's great, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending