The Student Room Group

16-21 year old participants needed urgently

Hello!

I am currently completing a my masters dissertation on the effects of peers, parents and the media on self-esteem and body image. I am currently short on participants and would appreciate it if you could complete the questionnaire for me, it should take no longer than 10 minutes.

The questionnaire can be accessed here:

http://www.surveytool.com/s/SF6E65B0D3

(If you don't have a student number, please use your date of birth),

All details are below:
Researcher: Lauren Goodhead
The following questionnaire focuses on how parents, peers and the media influence a young person’s self-esteem and body dissatisfaction.
The following information is provided to help you decide whether or not you would like to take part in the study. Please take the time to read through this information and feel free to ask your teacher any questions you have regarding it.
What does this questionnaire assess?
The questionnaire package contains several scales which we anticipate will take approximately twenty minutes to complete. These scales measure indirect pressure from friends and family to look good, how much you perceive pressure from the media to lose weight, level of self-esteem and your level of body dissatisfaction. You will also be asked some demographic information such as age and gender.
If I agree to take part what will it involve?
You will be asked to complete one questionnaire during class time which should take approximately 20 minutes. Once completed, please hand the questionnaire to your teacher.
What do I need to know about contributing to this research?
Participation in this study is completely voluntary. If you would not like to participate in this study, do not complete the questionnaire.
You may withdraw from the research at any time until 25th June 2012. If you withdraw, your data will be removed. If you would like to withdraw, please contact Lauren Goodhead ([email protected]) and quote your student number.
You may omit any questions from the questionnaire that you do not feel comfortable answering.
If you are completing a paper questionnaire, your completed questionnaires can be handed back to your tutor who will place and seal them in an envelope. The sealed envelope will ensure confidentiality of your answers.
If you are completing the questionnaire online, your answers will be sent directly to the researcher.
There are no right or wrong answers to the questions, data are completely anonymous so your results cannot be used to highlight concerns to teachers.

How will my data be handled?
The questionnaire data will only be seen by the researcher
Your questionnaire contains no personal information and will not be identifiable. Student numbers will be on a separate secured database.
Student IDs will be handled by the researcher who has limited access to the college database, thus your names will remain anonymous within this research.
This research will be carried out in accordance with the British Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics and Conduct (2009) and in compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998). If you would like further information about this, please contact [email protected]
Confidentiality will be maintained for respondents and we request that you be as honest as possible in your answers.
If this questionnaire raises any questions or concerns regarding your self-esteem or body image, you are encouraged to talk to your personal tutor or the college counsellor.

If you have any further questions regarding this study, please ask your tutor or email the researcher ([email protected]).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending