The Student Room Group

Aqa comp 4 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iCiaran
We were told to include both pseudocode and the actual code in design :/

And then pretty much copy and paste.

I'm pretty sure that's not right because you're not 'supposed' to have programmed anything at the design stage. You just write the pseudocode to help you when you actually do the implementation.
Reply 181
Original post by iCiaran
We were told to include both pseudocode and the actual code in design :/

And then pretty much copy and paste.

Our teachers said that the 'real' code is definitely not supposed to go in design, because the whole of the design process is supposed to be completed before you start writing the real code. :dontknow:
Is it ok to use colour to annotate your code? :smile:
And today is final hand in day for me... :eek3:
Reply 184
Original post by danielnkwocha
And today is final hand in day for me... :eek3:

Did you finish in time? I ended up doing an all-nighter last night to finish mine for the deadline today, although I fell asleep in maths so :P
Original post by scillage
Did you finish in time? I ended up doing an all-nighter last night to finish mine for the deadline today, although I fell asleep in maths so :P

I was forced to cut some corners that I really could have worked out given like an extra day, if that. But apart from that the write-up was good! :biggrin:
Original post by compy
If you are using VB.NET you might want to take a look at the following video that helps you set up a database connector. If you use a wizard to connect your database to your project you are running the risk of losing a lot of marks and not creating a 'complex' project

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe9dO_oVkk4

It's only now that I realised how useful this video was... Thanks for that, helpful TSR user! :yy: :lol:
Reply 187
Ok, I don't suppose anyone wants to be super nice and look over my write up? My deadline is monday and my teacher has marked it 65/75 as it is but I really need an A* and I'm struggling to improve it.
My project is an iOS bluetooth game so it shouldn't be too boring to look through :P Just PM me and I'll send it to you, I'll happily do the same to anyone who wants a second opinion on theres too :smile:
Reply 188
Original post by slash2k0
Ok, I don't suppose anyone wants to be super nice and look over my write up? My deadline is monday and my teacher has marked it 65/75 as it is but I really need an A* and I'm struggling to improve it.
My project is an iOS bluetooth game so it shouldn't be too boring to look through :P Just PM me and I'll send it to you, I'll happily do the same to anyone who wants a second opinion on theres too :smile:

Monday? As in today? Doesn't it have to be in to the exam board BY 15th May (Wednesday)?

I got 63/75 overall, we're all getting moderated as there are only 5 of us so hopefully I don't get taken down :smile:
Reply 189
Monday? As in today? Doesn't it have to be in to the exam board BY 15th May (Wednesday)?

I got 63/75 overall, we're all getting moderated as there are only 5 of us so hopefully I don't get taken down :smile:

Yep, out teacher put them in the post this afternoon, theres only 3 of us, computing doesn't seem to be very popular... Anyway, I'm just glad I got this stupid project sent off :P

Good luck everyone for the exam, I know I'll need it...
Do we have to wait until results day to get our moderated marks or can we get them beforehand? :smile:
Reply 191
Original post by LogicGoat
Do we have to wait until results day to get our moderated marks or can we get them beforehand? :smile:

For our moderated marks, I'm pretty sure we have to wait till results day.
We can get our unmoderated marks beforehand. :smile:
Reply 192

I got 63 too. :biggrin:
I scored 63/75 as well. Kind of annoying after a 393 page write up :/
after about 170 pages? maybe. I got 72/75 :biggrin: very very happy
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 195
Original post by slash2k0
Yep, out teacher put them in the post this afternoon, theres only 3 of us, computing doesn't seem to be very popular... Anyway, I'm just glad I got this stupid project sent off :P

Good luck everyone for the exam, I know I'll need it...

Oh ok, just surprised as that's a pretty late deadline haha. We had 7 of us to start with, one dropped out at easter (why?!) and another was in year 14 doing this and AS Business, didn't finish the CW in time so was kicked off the computing course, what a waste of a year!

Original post by Mystogan.
For our moderated marks, I'm pretty sure we have to wait till results day.
We can get our unmoderated marks beforehand. :smile:

Oh. I was told otherwise, but it makes sense not to get them til results day.

Original post by Damask-
I got 63 too. :biggrin:

Original post by WhoStoleMyName
I scored 63/75 as well. Kind of annoying after a 393 page write up :/

W00t w00t! 63 Hi-5! *slap*
Original post by EmilyBloop
after about 170 pages? maybe. I got 72/75 :biggrin: very very happy

Congrats :smile: I had 65 ish pages. But my project was a simulation so a lot of the diagrams/sub-headings weren't relevant. The top in our class got 64 with 53 pages, he wrote a recursive program that rearranged algebraic equations with any number of variables. 2 People who wrote over 300 pages in my class got Ds. Ouch.
It's just annoying because they don't give you any indication of the amount of work you need to do for each part. Also our teacher was as useful as.. oh wait. he was't useful at all. I used google and just found examples and stuff. He was hopeless to a point that lessons with him were just a waste of time :confused:
600 pages later...ALL DONE!!
Reply 198
I scored 74/75 after a total of about 450 pages! Just glad it paid off after the hours I put into that
It's annoying hearing you all saying what marks your teachers gave you- the ones at our college are under strict instruction not to let us know :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending