The Student Room Group

How lenient are Cardiff?

I've firmed an offer to study Pharmacy at Cardiff of AAB.
I am taking Psychology, Biology, and Chemistry - it's likely that my B will be in Chem.

If I were to miss my B by a few marks, is it likely I'd still be accepted? I know it all depends on numbers that year etc, but does anyone know of people being accepted anyway at Cardiff? I could do with some reassuring stories right now haha!

Another Q - Are Cardiff likely to open their remaining course spaces to those who just missed their offers, or put them into Clearing?

Thanks in advance. I realise that panicking myself into a state 9 days before results isn't ideal. But I do so because I can. lol :redface:
Reply 1
I'd say if you get a C in chemistry it would be very difficult to get into cardiff, it's one of the top universities for pharmacy. The only way you could is if you had an amazing interview, but i doubt there would be clearing for pharmacy at cardiff, clearing is usually for the lower graded universities like Wolverhampton, Liverpool etc.
Reply 2
Original post by johnny-marr
I'd say if you get a C in chemistry it would be very difficult to get into cardiff, it's one of the top universities for pharmacy. The only way you could is if you had an amazing interview, but i doubt there would be clearing for pharmacy at cardiff, clearing is usually for the lower graded universities like Wolverhampton, Liverpool etc.

now thats what I call late advice.
Reply 3
What happened? Did you get in?? (2 years late, I know)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending