The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Uni Clearing

Any tips from current Cardiff Uni students who have applied from Clearing? It’s almost results day and I’m freaking out
Do you have a firm choice at the moment?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Do you have a firm choice at the moment?

Yes, my firm is politics
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, my firm is politics

At cardiff or somewhere else?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
At cardiff or somewhere else?

At Cardiff University. I’m worried if politics is a popular degree and a lot of people applied for it that it’ll be difficult for me on results day if I fail
At Cardiff University. I’m worried if politics is a popular degree and a lot of people applied for it that it’ll be difficult for me on results day if I fail

If this is your firm choice then you wouldn't be using clearing.
Cardiff will get your results this friday evening and will normally have sent a decision to UCAS on your application by results day. It's very common for universities to show leniency where they can to applicants who miss their offer conditions
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
If this is your firm choice then you wouldn't be using clearing.

I’m preparing for the worst I feel like I’ll fail so I want to prepare for clearing
I’m preparing for the worst I feel like I’ll fail so I want to prepare for clearing

Are you willing to be considered for any alternate courses at Cardiff?
Would you be looking for Politics at other universities?

Have you looked at what courses are showing clearing vacancies on the UCAS website atm?
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Are you willing to be considered for any alternate courses at Cardiff?
Would you be looking for Politics at other universities?

Have you looked at what courses are showing clearing vacancies on the UCAS website atm?

I’ve looked at the UCAS clearing vacancies and honestly not a single one of them sounds appealing or interesting to me so I’m quite nervous. I’m not allowed to move out for university and Cardiff uni is the closest university to me that does Politics, I don’t mind doing joint degrees along side politics such as politics & IR, politics & sociology etc etc
I’ve looked at the UCAS clearing vacancies and honestly not a single one of them sounds appealing or interesting to me so I’m quite nervous. I’m not allowed to move out for university and Cardiff uni is the closest university to me that does Politics, I don’t mind doing joint degrees along side politics such as politics & IR, politics & sociology etc etc

How much of a commute would you consider? It's ~35-45 minutes on the train from Cardiff to Bristol Parkway and then a 10 minute bus trip to UWE
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
How much of a commute would you consider? It's ~35-45 minutes on the train from Cardiff to Bristol Parkway and then a 10 minute bus trip to UWE

I went to UWE on Open day and it was quite far, the reason I don’t want to go there is because the trains here are very unreliable, there’s always strikes or sue to the weather they aren’t running and it’s just so much effort to constantly have to figure out what to do next so I’d rather just stay in Cardiff

Hi there

I've just finished my second year studying IR at Cardiff. Although it was my second option, I've heard from other people that they can be more lenient once you've received your offer - but I have not experienced that myself. It might be worth reading into what else is around the Cardiff area, however, you shouldn't give up hope and wait and see on the day.

Wishing you the best :smile:

Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending