The Student Room Group
I go to Surrey & I applied through clearing. It was no hassle at all. Had to take my exam certificates and proof of address, then applied for the CRB during the first month of the course. Hopefully you won't need clearing and if you do, hope it's as easy for you as it was for me!
Reply 2
Thank you very much, thats calmed my nerves a bit! :biggrin:
Yes you can get onto a nursing course through clearing. I got onto my course through clearing last year. I had to take all my ID, proof of address, certificates etc with me on the day of my interview and fill out the CRB form on the day. When I was accepted they sent off my CRB and it came back before I started the course. Was also able to finalise occupational health clearance by the first week of uni. I'm sure you will be fine and get into your chosen places though.
Hi everyone I really wanted to do nursing at university but then didn't get through so I went through extra and selected another course instead of nursing and they have confirmed my place I don't want to do that course at all! I want to go through clearing and see if I can find nursing course but I don't know how to. Very stressed please help!!!
Original post by kadija_begum
Hi everyone I really wanted to do nursing at university but then didn't get through so I went through extra and selected another course instead of nursing and they have confirmed my place I don't want to do that course at all! I want to go through clearing and see if I can find nursing course but I don't know how to. Very stressed please help!!!

The best thing you can do is ring the university you have accepted (ideally their relevant faculty office), and ask them to release you. This will mean that you will automatically go into Clearing on results day.
But if I don't get into any Universities then whatcshall I do because I really want to go to university this year
Also another thing is that I don't have my math GCSE will I still be able to get in to nursing through clearing with out maths??
Also another thing is that I don't have my math GCSE will I still be able to get in to nursing through clearing with out maths??

I'm sorry to say that as far as I am aware without a Maths GCSE or equivalent or higher I think you will struggle to get on to a nursing course as the minimum they are usually after is a C grade at GCSE. Maybe ring the universities as I think some do have a maths test as part of their application process if their grade wasn't quite what they wanted.

Unfortunatly not I was in the same situation and had to re-sit my maths G.C.S.E to even get an interview because nursing and midwifery council say that all nurses must have a mimimum of grade C or equivalent before their training Sorry maybe look into doing an access course like I did
What access course did you do?
???
Reply 12
some universities accept a Level 2 Numeracy (but not all, you'd have to check). You would have time to take one before clearing, ie do it now. Learn Direct centres offer them, register with one (free), pay the fee (£54 unless you are on benefits) and you can sit the test at any time.
Reply 13
Original post by shanghaichica
Yes you can get onto a nursing course through clearing. I got onto my course through clearing last year. I had to take all my ID, proof of address, certificates etc with me on the day of my interview and fill out the CRB form on the day. When I was accepted they sent off my CRB and it came back before I started the course. Was also able to finalise occupational health clearance by the first week of uni. I'm sure you will be fine and get into your chosen places though.

Hey can I ask which uni you got into through clearing please? sorry if its personal..im in a similar position it seems

Latest

Trending

Trending