The Student Room Group

A-level resit policy for Medicine - UEA

A-Level Resit Policy

Norwich Medical School will consider A-Level resits if grades BBB was obtained at the first sitting.

Candidates who are wishing to resit one subject will be required to have predicted A*
Candidates re-sitting two A-Level subjects are required to have predicted grades of A*A
Candidates re-sitting three A-Level subjects are required to have predicted grades of A*AA

Candidates must have a fourth AS or A-Level at Grade B

That is what is written on the website. Does this mean re-sitting just a module or the whole A level? I want to re-sit a maths module and a french module but would this mean I'd have to get A* in the whole A Level? :s-smilie:
I think when they say "subject", its irrespective of modules. The point is that you're resitting, and they would expect you to achieve A*A overall in maths and french... thats my take on the information they've given anyways. You should call them up and make sure either way :smile:
this is ONLY if you resit a year. so you could say resit as modules while doing your A2. It only counts if you take more than 2 years to complete both as and A level
Reply 3
Original post by madmadmax321
this is ONLY if you resit a year. so you could say resit as modules while doing your A2. It only counts if you take more than 2 years to complete both as and A level

Some medical schools don't accept resitting any AS/A2 modules within the two years period, some only allow 1 or 2 modules resit, so better to ring them and ask for clarification.
Reply 4
Original post by satnile
Some medical schools don't accept resitting any AS/A2 modules within the two years period, some only allow 1 or 2 modules resit, so better to ring them and ask for clarification.

Ok thanks everyone!
I've e-mailed the admissions office but don't expect a reply any time soon as apparently they're still dealing with clearing. D:
Reply 5
UEA medical school accepts any number of AS/A2 modules resits as long as it is done within the 2 years period. Their website resit policy relates to a third year resit of any number of modules/subjects.

They confirmed the above to me over the phone today.
Original post by satnile
UEA medical school accepts any number of AS/A2 modules resits as long as it is done within the 2 years period. Their website resit policy relates to a third year resit of any number of modules/subjects.

They confirmed the above to me over the phone today.

Cheers for that
Can you tell me about any other medical schools, which allow resits, as the post on thestudentroom on resit policy is so confusing! Im talking about (AAA offers)
What happens if someone got CCC in the A levels first time around, about 10 years ago, decided to repeat their A Levels and got 4A*'s? Would they be allowed to enter anywhere in the UK?

I did my A levels 8 years ago and got exactly that, but have the apply to the Republic of Ireland because only they would accept A Level resits and as far as I am aware nowhere in the UK would?

Anyone?
Reply 8
Original post by Sharpshooter
What happens if someone got CCC in the A levels first time around, about 10 years ago, decided to repeat their A Levels and got 4A*'s? Would they be allowed to enter anywhere in the UK?

I did my A levels 8 years ago and got exactly that, but have the apply to the Republic of Ireland because only they would accept A Level resits and as far as I am aware nowhere in the UK would?

Anyone?

ha this is interesting as I have asked quite a few 30+ doctors etc and they keep telling me you dont need As in A levels to do medicine and I am yes you do!

One told me the only work experience they did was in well known supermarket and that was all(Paed Registrar). I am having to re educate them on what is now required. They dont seem to believe me:colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by peterwadish
ha this is interesting as I have asked quite a few 30+ doctors etc and they keep telling me you dont need As in A levels to do medicine and I am yes you do!

One told me the only work experience they did was in well known supermarket and that was all(Paed Registrar). I am having to re educate them on what is now required. They dont seem to believe me:colondollar:

wow, wish the entry requirements were the same as they were then.
Reply 10
Original post by manutillidie
Cheers for that
Can you tell me about any other medical schools, which allow resits, as the post on thestudentroom on resit policy is so confusing! Im talking about (AAA offers)

This TSR wiki seems clear to me:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies

Most (not all) medical schools accepts resits within the 2 years period. However a resit of A2 in a 3rd year have different rules for different medical schools that accept such resits. The best thing is to ring admissions of the relevant medical school and ask them of their current A2 resit policy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending