The Student Room Group

ucat

I wanted to do med but got bcc in A levels and I'm not sure if I should still sit my ucat in September or if it will be a waste of time as I can't apply to medicine with these grades.
Reply 1
Original post by armeen.skhan
I wanted to do med but got bcc in A levels and I'm not sure if I should still sit my ucat in September or if it will be a waste of time as I can't apply to medicine with these grades.

If you believe you can turn it around then you might as well sit for the ucat.
Hi,
I missed my grades too this year for medicine and it’s **** to be honest. However, I’d suggest u look at the Resit policy for med schools.I’m sorry to say but a lot of med schools won’t take take BCC in the first time of sitting regardless if you smash it the second.

Good luck
hey! it can be really hard but I would say you definitely still have a chance of getting in - have a look at each university's page and whether they accept a-level resits, if that was something you were still considering. I think redoing the UCAT is definitely not a bad option, it then at least gives you more time before you decide whether you still want to resit or apply for something else, but at least the option to reapply for Medicine is still there. https://6med.co.uk/ucat/resources/ maybe take a look at these resources just to see whether you feel like you have enough time at the moment before deciding?
Reply 4
Original post by Faris2009
Hi,
I missed my grades too this year for medicine and it’s **** to be honest. However, I’d suggest u look at the Resit policy for med schools.I’m sorry to say but a lot of med schools won’t take take BCC in the first time of sitting regardless if you smash it the second.

Good luck

yeah, it sucks not getting the grades, I was considering resitting just because I know could have done better also options to go abroad will be open too as many unis outside of the UK do accept resits.
if you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to do as you didn't get the grades either?

good luck to you too!
Reply 5
Original post by smeagolbeagol
hey! it can be really hard but I would say you definitely still have a chance of getting in - have a look at each university's page and whether they accept a-level resits, if that was something you were still considering. I think redoing the UCAT is definitely not a bad option, it then at least gives you more time before you decide whether you still want to resit or apply for something else, but at least the option to reapply for Medicine is still there. https://6med.co.uk/ucat/resources/ maybe take a look at these resources just to see whether you feel like you have enough time at the moment before deciding?

hi,
thanks for your reply, that's actually a really good point - my options won't be as restricted then and thanks for the site it's great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending