The Student Room Group

as level chemistry coursework analysis and evaluation

i am doing my coursework for chemistry at the moment and am getting really stuck on the analysis and evalation section.
i would like some help finding out the percentage error and finding out a percentage purification of an unknown acid
can someone pppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me
Reply 1
lrichac
i am doing my coursework for chemistry at the moment and am getting really stuck on the analysis and evalation section.
i would like some help finding out the percentage error and finding out a percentage purification of an unknown acid
can someone pppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me

% error = the sum of all the errors due to apparatus errors (like a ruler measuring to the nearest mm, if your apparent value was 60mm, then % error for the ruler is (0.5/60) * 100)

for the % purity, you need to look at the moles of products, and work out how many moles of acid reacted. you work out the mass that this number of moles should have, compare it to your original and work out the % purity from there.

have fun :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending