as level chemistry coursework analysis and evaluation

Watch
This discussion is closed.
lrichac
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i am doing my coursework for chemistry at the moment and am getting really stuck on the analysis and evalation section.
i would like some help finding out the percentage error and finding out a percentage purification of an unknown acid
can someone pppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me
innitman_uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lrichac)
i am doing my coursework for chemistry at the moment and am getting really stuck on the analysis and evalation section.
i would like some help finding out the percentage error and finding out a percentage purification of an unknown acid
can someone pppppppppppppllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help me
% error = the sum of all the errors due to apparatus errors (like a ruler measuring to the nearest mm, if your apparent value was 60mm, then % error for the ruler is (0.5/60) * 100)

for the % purity, you need to look at the moles of products, and work out how many moles of acid reacted. you work out the mass that this number of moles should have, compare it to your original and work out the % purity from there.

have fun
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (233)
75.16%
No (77)
24.84%

Watched Threads