The Student Room Group

Edexcel Politics A level

I’m struggling on structuring my paragraphs for Government and Politics Edexcel A level and when I write essays for my teacher to mark she says that I need to only be evaluating and I won’t get marks for content. Does anyone have any tips?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by Emaannn06
I’m struggling on structuring my paragraphs for Government and Politics Edexcel A level and when I write essays for my teacher to mark she says that I need to only be evaluating and I won’t get marks for content. Does anyone have any tips?

Hi, I got an A* in Politics. Sorry to tell your teacher but they are wrong. The mixture of ao1 (content), ao2 (analysis) and a03 (evaluation) marks depends on the question but most questions have all three.

Importantly they all have an equal split. Your teacher my be highlighting that you may be including too much A01 in your essays but not enough evaluation, but you should definitely have both.

Importantly, examiners often cap your A03 and A02 level at the level of your A01, so good content knowledge is needed.

Quick Reply

Latest