The Student Room Group

History coursework

I'm currently taking History as one of my A-level subjects. We were told in class to start thinking about our History coursework topics. Would there be any disadvantages, such as possibly receiving a lower score, if our coursework question is too simple/ not interesting enough? For example, if my question was "Assess the view that British colonisation had positive impacts on Australia", would that be too simple?
Reply 1
Original post by username6152211
I'm currently taking History as one of my A-level subjects. We were told in class to start thinking about our History coursework topics. Would there be any disadvantages, such as possibly receiving a lower score, if our coursework question is too simple/ not interesting enough? For example, if my question was "Assess the view that British colonisation had positive impacts on Australia", would that be too simple?

It is depending on how detailed of your analysis and evidence is in your coursework no question is too simple, in my case the school (history department) chooses the question for us which was the Civil Rights. Coursework is important if you're trying to get A or A* as you can be capped if you don't get a sufficient overall coursework mark, as for AQA the average mark for A* is 35/40 and 32/40 for A, then put that into comparison with the entire a level you wouldn't have to get full marks to earn an A* overall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending