The Student Room Group
It's not like Bath isn't well known and prestigious.

I'd go to the one you liked best as they're both 'up there' as far as pharmacy schools go.
is lsop more well known and prestigious??

bath is a top uni overall and its also a top uni for pharmacy
Reply 3
I would say LSOP. I am a bit biased but it really is a good uni. However, go with the one you like better I guess and think you will enjoy more, else you might regret your choice. If you like Bath and not SOP, go for Bath.
Reply 4
i had to make the same decision last year. i cudnt see any differences between the both. but one in london, one in a more remote area and so i thought, im gonna get the same degree anyway, 1 is cheaper and the other is more expensive (to live), then I chose bath
Reply 5
if finance is one of ur main factors, then Baths is a better choice, considering the living cost and bursary. it also depends on where u live.
Reply 6
btw, how did you get an unconditional offer anyway? i was wondering this for agges...how can peope get an unconditoinal offer??? Is it cos u've already got the required alevels already???
Yeah if you've already got your A Level or equivalent results (whatever your entry requirements are) then your offer will be unconditional rather than conditional (on the condition that you achieve x results).
Reply 8
oic, thanks!
Reply 9
I don't know much about LSOP, but what i like about Bath is that the course has very few social pharmacy modules, which would be boring in my opinion.
Reply 10
In fact pharmacology and phararmacy are almost the same for the first 2 years at bath
Reply 11
Bath is excellent for pharmacy. Don't know about LSOP, but the new head of the LSOP was, until this year, head of pharmacy at Bath.

I'd recommend bath - but i'm biased!
Reply 12
BAth is supposed to be really good for pharmacology and biochem. What is Bath better at out of the 2?
Reply 13
Bath all the way, I'd say.
Reply 14
yeh, baths 6th and LSOP is 10th on the Times league table...but LSOP is a lot closer to my house and more convenient(e.g. london, russell sq. station, etc)...it depends on other (personal etc) factors too..for teaching Pharmacy, i think both uni are good on that...Baths got a good reputation, same with LSOP and LSOP teaches pharmacy specifically...
if you stay in london will you be living at home? it would mean taking the tube everyday which could be tiring depending on how long your journey is.

When i went to the bath open day/interview it looked like everything u needed was within the university grounds. it seemed that there wasnt much outside of the uni.

If your in london you'll probably have more fun beacuse everything is there and can see all your friends who are in london too.
Reply 16
if you stay in london will you be living at home? it would mean taking the tube everyday which could be tiring depending on how long your journey is.

When i went to the bath open day/interview it looked like everything u needed was within the university grounds. it seemed that there wasnt much outside of the uni.

If your in london you'll probably have more fun beacuse everything is there and can see all your friends who are in london too.

thats what I do as well as don't like about Bath - everything's on campus and u dont really go outside

I would choose LSOP, tho Im at Bath - if not because of the high living expense, I would have chosen LSOP

Latest

Trending

Trending