The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
piginapoke
Why would they?

Cos arsenal and man u will no doubt be in europe next season. If the winner of the FA Cup is already in europe, that honour goes to the runners up I think.
Reply 2
Xenon
Cos arsenal and man u will no doubt be in europe next season. If the winner of the FA Cup is already in europe, that honour goes to the runners up I think.

yeah we were contemplating that at work today.... :biggrin: a division one team playing in the UEFA cup ... how cool would that be!

who do u reckon will face us in the final then Xenon? i reckon Tranmere....
Reply 3
piginapoke
Yes, and that will be Sunderland :smile:

I hope so. I have a soft spot for Mick McCarthy's green... oops... I mean Red and White army.
Reply 4
Whoops, forgot to mention sunderland. Arsenal will be up against either Tranmere or sunderland. Sunderland will have a good chance. Though, I want to see how Tranmere perform against Millwall.
Reply 5
Xenon
Well, Arsenal will avenge our FA Cup semis defeat of 1999!

100%. Agree!
Reply 6
4Ed
yeah we were contemplating that at work today.... :biggrin: a division one team playing in the UEFA cup ... how cool would that be!

who do u reckon will face us in the final then Xenon? i reckon Tranmere....

Didn't that happen to a team last year or the year before. The team went down to the 1st division, but were in europe. Which team was it???
Reply 7
Xenon
Didn't that happen to a team last year or the year before. The team went down to the 1st division, but were in europe. Which team was it???

You may be thinking of the team that won the fair play award (Leicester?), but then weren't drawn out of the hat, so they didn't.
Reply 8
Xenon

a relegated team? you have a choice of sunderland, west brom or west ham..... i think it might have been sunderland
Reply 9
I now have a problem, I'm a loyal Man U supporter but i've got £20 on Arsenal to win the treble. :frown:
Reply 10
4Ed
a relegated team? you have a choice of sunderland, west brom or west ham..... i think it might have been sunderland

What about the year before? Who got relegated then?
Ah yeah, I remember, it was ipswich! (I think)
Reply 11
does Intertoto cup count as european competition as well?

2... is there any european competition that League cup winners go into?
Reply 12
Xenon
What about the year before? Who got relegated then?
Ah yeah, I remember, it was ipswich! (I think)

yeah i thought of ipswich as well.... they finished 4th the season they came up i think.... then they sold richard wright to us, and got relegated...

but they did get to uefa cup
Reply 13
4Ed
does Intertoto cup count as european competition as well?

2... is there any european competition that League cup winners go into?

1) Intertoto is for the UEFA Cup.
2) UEFA, I believe.
Reply 14
Daveo
I now have a problem, I'm a loyal Man U supporter but i've got £20 on Arsenal to win the treble. :frown:

lol that's not a prob... u can support ManU but everyone knows that they won't be winning the treble :wink: :tongue:
Reply 15
Bigcnee
1) Intertoto is for the UEFA Cup.
2) UEFA, I believe.

so how does the intertoto cup work?
Reply 16
Xenon

Ipswich.

I'm so glad that utd and arsenal were drawn together. It will be so nice having a non-premiership team in the final!
Reply 17
4Ed
so how does the intertoto cup work?

You enter it, play some games - and if you win them then you get into the UEFA Cup.
Reply 18
Bigcnee
You enter it, play some games - and if you win them then you get into the UEFA Cup.

that concept was pretty hard to grasp, but i managed it eventually :biggrin:
think there are about 3 intertoto "finals" for uefa qualification.

Anyway Xenon, I started a thread first :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending