Turn on thread page Beta

Arsenal-Man u in the FA cup! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why did the 2 teams have to be drawn now; surely such a tie would be worthy of an FA Cup final. Well, Arsenal will avenge our FA Cup semis defeat of 1999!

Come On You Gooners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, now either tranmere or millwall will definitely be in europe I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Why would they?
    Cos arsenal and man u will no doubt be in europe next season. If the winner of the FA Cup is already in europe, that honour goes to the runners up I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Cos arsenal and man u will no doubt be in europe next season. If the winner of the FA Cup is already in europe, that honour goes to the runners up I think.
    yeah we were contemplating that at work today.... a division one team playing in the UEFA cup ... how cool would that be!

who do u reckon will face us in the final then Xenon? i reckon Tranmere....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Yes, and that will be Sunderland
    I hope so. I have a soft spot for Mick McCarthy's green... oops... I mean Red and White army.

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, forgot to mention sunderland. Arsenal will be up against either Tranmere or sunderland. Sunderland will have a good chance. Though, I want to see how Tranmere perform against Millwall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, Arsenal will avenge our FA Cup semis defeat of 1999!
    100%. Agree!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah we were contemplating that at work today.... a division one team playing in the UEFA cup ... how cool would that be!

who do u reckon will face us in the final then Xenon? i reckon Tranmere....
    Didn't that happen to a team last year or the year before. The team went down to the 1st division, but were in europe. Which team was it???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Didn't that happen to a team last year or the year before. The team went down to the 1st division, but were in europe. Which team was it???
    You may be thinking of the team that won the fair play award (Leicester?), but then weren't drawn out of the hat, so they didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    a relegated team? you have a choice of sunderland, west brom or west ham..... i think it might have been sunderland

ReputationRep:
    I now have a problem, I'm a loyal Man U supporter but i've got £20 on Arsenal to win the treble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    a relegated team? you have a choice of sunderland, west brom or west ham..... i think it might have been sunderland
    What about the year before? Who got relegated then?
    Ah yeah, I remember, it was ipswich! (I think)

ReputationRep:
    does Intertoto cup count as european competition as well?

2... is there any european competition that League cup winners go into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    What about the year before? Who got relegated then?
    Ah yeah, I remember, it was ipswich! (I think)
    yeah i thought of ipswich as well.... they finished 4th the season they came up i think.... then they sold richard wright to us, and got relegated...

but they did get to uefa cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    does Intertoto cup count as european competition as well?

2... is there any european competition that League cup winners go into?
    1) Intertoto is for the UEFA Cup.
    2) UEFA, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I now have a problem, I'm a loyal Man U supporter but i've got £20 on Arsenal to win the treble.
    lol that's not a prob... u can support ManU but everyone knows that they won't be winning the treble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    1) Intertoto is for the UEFA Cup.
    2) UEFA, I believe.
    so how does the intertoto cup work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ipswich.

I'm so glad that utd and arsenal were drawn together. It will be so nice having a non-premiership team in the final!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    so how does the intertoto cup work?
    You enter it, play some games - and if you win them then you get into the UEFA Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    You enter it, play some games - and if you win them then you get into the UEFA Cup.
    that concept was pretty hard to grasp, but i managed it eventually

ReputationRep:
    think there are about 3 intertoto "finals" for uefa qualification.

Anyway Xenon, I started a thread first

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.