The Student Room Group

Creative Writing Ideas

I have to write a short essay on an advert I love or loathe. I am thinking of doing confused.com and how much I loathe it. I need some points on how awful the adverts are or if you have any other adverts I could talk about that would be much be appreciated.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
If you are doing an advert you loathe, I would say the gocompare one is good as you can talk about the irritable songs/man etc.
But as its coming to Christmas, it could be an idea to do a festive advert like the John Lewis one in which a snowman embarks on a journey to find the perfect gift for his "snowgirl" (I believe that's the meaning but i've only saw it once so I may of misinterpreted it) And how it makes you feel either excited or other emotions about Christmas.

Sorry if this was no use.
Reply 2
Original post by CSM1996
If you are doing an advert you loathe, I would say the gocompare one is good as you can talk about the irritable songs/man etc.
But as its coming to Christmas, it could be an idea to do a festive advert like the John Lewis one in which a snowman embarks on a journey to find the perfect gift for his "snowgirl" (I believe that's the meaning but i've only saw it once so I may of misinterpreted it) And how it makes you feel either excited or other emotions about Christmas.

Sorry if this was no use.

It would have been great to do Go Compare but I have done that advert before and I am re-taking is controlled assessment, so I am not allowed to do the same advert.

I do like the John Lewis advert, maybe a few points about why it is so loveable, may help? :smile:

Reply 3
Original post by kingaaran
It would have been great to do Go Compare but I have done that advert before and I am re-taking is controlled assessment, so I am not allowed to do the same advert.

I do like the John Lewis advert, maybe a few points about why it is so loveable, may help? :smile:

Yes the John Lewis advert is good, I also like the Morrisons advert as it shows the stress a mother goes to in preparation for Christmas.
The overall message of the John Lewis advert is that the one you love is worth going to the end of the earth for (to buy them something). Also, it oozes festiveness, the magical snow shows that Christmas is soon. The lovesong/ballad in the background, you can talk about it and what it means to you.

I'm all out of ideas for just now, sorry :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CSM1996
Yes the John Lewis advert is good, I also like the Morrisons advert as it shows the stress a mother goes to in preparation for Christmas.
The overall message of the John Lewis advert is that the one you love is worth going to the end of the earth for (to buy them something). Also, it oozes festiveness, the magical snow shows that Christmas is soon. The lovesong/ballad in the background, you can talk about it and what it means to you.

I'm all out of ideas for just now, sorry :smile:

Thanks for this. I have done an essay on Confused.com which I asked my teacher to proof read, if she suggests I do another advert then I will definitely choose the John Lewis one and your ideas have been amazing.

Thank you very much. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending