The Student Room Group

Which test can equivalent GCSE maths grade 6?

Hi, I'm an international student.
I have just got the mail that I'm unacceptable because of my highschool grade in Maths.
They required me there is any equivalent qualification.
I'd studied other degree and I wanted to change my pathway but I have no idea how can I submit alternative GCSE grade.
I'm already quite old and I didn't stop to study.
If I can't study in my dream university since I couldn't get enough score almost 10 years ago, it should be cruel...

I have a theatre major and psychology degree, creative writing degree.
I'm considering BTEC and maths functional skills level 2.
I just realised that Functional Skills Level 2 might cover around GCSE 4.

How can I cover GCSE 6?
Original post by Just inn
Hi, I'm an international student.
I have just got the mail that I'm unacceptable because of my highschool grade in Maths.
They required me there is any equivalent qualification.
I'd studied other degree and I wanted to change my pathway but I have no idea how can I submit alternative GCSE grade.
I'm already quite old and I didn't stop to study.
If I can't study in my dream university since I couldn't get enough score almost 10 years ago, it should be cruel...

I have a theatre major and psychology degree, creative writing degree.
I'm considering BTEC and maths functional skills level 2.
I just realised that Functional Skills Level 2 might cover around GCSE 4.

How can I cover GCSE 6?

The obvious international equivalent to a GCSE would be an International GCSE (IGCSE). However, there may be other local qualifications which are equivalent to GCSE Grade 6.

You say, "I have just got the mail that I'm unacceptable because of my highschool grade in Maths. They required me there is any equivalent qualification." However, you don't say who sent you the email, or who "they" are. Is it a UK university who sent the email? If so, have you checked the section of their web site which applies to your country to establish what equivalent qualifications they accept?

You say, "I have a theatre major and psychology degree, creative writing degree." Is that two existing degrees you have (1=Theatre, 2=Psychology, 3=Creative Writing) or three (1=Theatre and Psychology, 2=Creative Writing.)? What additional degree were you hoping to study? At which university?
Admission team
Original post by Just inn
Admission team

Admission to...?

Quick Reply

Latest