The Student Room Group
hi everi1!
firstly what do you think of them? and secondly how far back to they track....me n my friends had a abit of a debate as 2 how far they can track (the licking abit of paper test saliva n all that)) does any1 know?

For that test, it wouldn't track back long. (few days)

For a proper test such as a urine test or a blood test, it can be up to 2-3 weeks or so.
It depends on the drug - some pass out of your system very quickly while others hang around for weeks or even months...a strand test can go back years depending on how long your hair is.
Pencil Queen
a strand test can go back years depending on how long your hair is.

Bloody hell.
hi everi1!
firstly what do you think of them? and secondly how far back to they track....me n my friends had a abit of a debate as 2 how far they can track (the licking abit of paper test saliva n all that)) does any1 know?

Sh...ooooot.
Do they do them in colleges?
Reply 5
i doubt a school would have the budget or means of doing hair follicle testing. more likely to be urine tests, and marijuana stays in urine for about 3 days, unless ur a habitual user in which case it stays in about a week. i dont agree with in school drug testing, unless they are testing a student who has low grades and the reason may be because of drugs. but random testing must be soo degrading!
bono
Bloody hell.

I know - I really ought to get my hair cut more often :eek:
Absolute waste of money. Money can be spent else where.
Reply 8
Pencil Queen
It depends on the drug - some pass out of your system very quickly while others hang around for weeks or even months...a strand test can go back years depending on how long your hair is.

I heard that 2
Reply 9
Iluvatar
Sh...ooooot.
Do they do them in colleges?

I'm not sure, it probably won't be long tho. Also, a word of warning to any1 who uses drugs.

SNIFFER DOGS ARE BEING BROUGHT IN2 SHCOOLS 4 SPOT CHECKS WITHOUT WARNING.

A few weeks ago we had one in and it went and sat by this lad who had drugs on him.
Reply 10
thats why a lot of people on parole shave their heads...u can't detect it as far back as u can with long hair!
hi everi1!
I'm not sure, it probably won't be long tho. Also, a word of warning to any1 who uses drugs.

SNIFFER DOGS ARE BEING BROUGHT IN2 SHCOOLS 4 SPOT CHECKS WITHOUT WARNING.

A few weeks ago we had one in and it went and sat by this lad who had drugs on him.

Phew!!!
Well the police do general checks around here anyway.
I think the dogs can't have that good a sense of smell really.
Pencil Queen
I know - I really ought to get my hair cut more often :eek:

:eek: :biggrin:
Reply 13
vertago
i doubt a school would have the budget or means of doing hair follicle testing. more likely to be urine tests, and marijuana stays in urine for about 3 days, unless ur a habitual user in which case it stays in about a week. i dont agree with in school drug testing, unless they are testing a student who has low grades and the reason may be because of drugs. but random testing must be soo degrading!

i agree totally, i'm not a drug user but if i ever get asked to take a 'random' test i shall refuse profusely. It's an invasion of privacy, i spoke to my parents and they don't agree wqith it either....plus, i can imagine some of my teachers (who think they're funny and 'in' with the kids) doing it for the sake of it.
It's not unreasonable to ask that the person requesting the testing (teacher, headteacher, parent, employer) is also tested at the same time

Funnily enough when most people are faced with being tested themselves the urge to test everyone else drops dramatically...because even if you're clean there is always a chance that the test will show positive for something.
Reply 15
Iluvatar
Phew!!!
Well the police do general checks around here anyway.
I think the dogs can't have that good a sense of smell really.

Do you think it's likely that they'l do hair strand tests? It's more likely to be the one where, you lick a piece of paper and it shows up instanly or something...i've heard of it before. So then i ask, how far back can drugs be traced in your saliva?
hi everi1!
Do you think it's likely that they'l do hair strand tests? It's more likely to be the one where, you lick a piece of paper and it shows up instanly or something...i've heard of it before. So then i ask, how far back can drugs be traced in your saliva?

I hope not. I've got long hair!!!

No idea though how they'll do it though, to be honest.
Reply 17
does any1 agree that it's an invasion of privacy? whether you've got soemthing to hide or not...like someone said beofre, it's degrading.
hi everi1!
does any1 agree that it's an invasion of privacy? whether you've got soemthing to hide or not...like someone said beofre, it's degrading.

yes! i completely agree!! if police dont have the right how the hell can schools have it?! its ridiculous!
Reply 19
schools in the USA do it all the time. a lot of legal problems afterwards tho!!

Latest

Trending

Trending