The Student Room Group

Are you willing to offer yourself up for a medical/clinical trial?

In another words, offering yourself to become a lab rat.

Say if someone invented a new drug but needs patients for testing their drugs before they get the big FDA chop for approval.

Are you willing to ?
Reply 1
Nope.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Nope.

Sorry forgot to provide some context.

Usually people who are recruited for clinical trials are people who already have an underlying medical condition that the new drug of interest treats.

In another words you may benefit from getting treated for a condition you have. It's not all downsides.
(edited 11 months ago)
If I got a lot of money for it, yes. I was considering doing it this summer. Usually by the time they test on humans it's been through extensive testing on other things first.
Yes if they were testing something for PCOS. Treatment is so underfunded and currently there is no cure for it so I would be willing to give it a go. Especially if there was a financial incentive.
Reply 5
Original post by HucktheForde
Sorry forgot to provide some context.

Usually people who are recruited for clinical trials are people who already have an underlying medical condition that the new drug of interest treats.

In another words you may benefit from getting treated for a condition you have. It's not all downsides.

No, wouldn't consider participating in any clinical trials under any circumstances.

I've got too many dietary allergies and some hereditary health issues, the combination of which that would probably place my risk levels far too high.
Some healthy friends do make a lot of money from participating in clinical trials to test out relatively recently inventing vaccines or tablet medications.

Quick Reply

Latest