The Student Room Group

Do student nurses get drug tested?

Is it only when you start work placement for the NHS, or even in the first or second term that they drug test you?
Reply 1
i havent been drug tested at all, i had an occupational health appointment at the start of my course but nothing since then
Original post by okayykayy
i havent been drug tested at all, i had an occupational health appointment at the start of my course but nothing since then

oh I'm doing my occupational health appointment soon, just waiting for them to reach me back. How long have you been a student nurse since you've done your OHA?
Reply 3
Original post by NurtureProtect
oh I'm doing my occupational health appointment soon, just waiting for them to reach me back. How long have you been a student nurse since you've done your OHA?

i’m about to go into my second year ! :smile:
i’m about to go into my second year ! :smile:

oh okay, how was it like with the occupational health report because I'm doing mine this summer. I filled out the forum and have emailed it back, just waiting to get a response, and honestly I'm quite nervous
Reply 5
Original post by NurtureProtect
oh okay, how was it like with the occupational health report because I'm doing mine this summer. I filled out the forum and have emailed it back, just waiting to get a response, and honestly I'm quite nervous

it was honestly nothing tbh, if you put down anything that would somehow impede your practice/learning they’ll speak to you about how to make things easier for you to work with and should be supported with it. they’ll provide any missing vaccinations that you need to get too :smile:
Reply 6
also just seen your other post about this - no they shouldn’t affect it. as i said, they’ll mostly just ask if they can do anything to support you :smile:
also just seen your other post about this - no they shouldn’t affect it. as i said, they’ll mostly just ask if they can do anything to support you :smile:

alright, thank you x
Reply 8
Not unless they have reason to believe you have turned up to the clinical area intoxicated.

However, if you were to get done by the police for drug related offences (including possession) it would likely cause you problems from a fitness to practise perspective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending