The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
heya! im gna be studying business psychology and have applied for oscott as well, with coppice being my second choice. iv heard oscott accommodation is nice. im goin to my open day on weds so will hopefully see the accommodation!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
hey :smile: i think they both sound like nice accomadation both the oscott and copprice. its weird to think that any of us could be living with each other at the end of this year! im gonna start a list now of ppl places and accomadtion, so any one wanna b aded just reply and ill add ya!!:smile:

Skelly12 (me) Oscott - Qts Primary education
Tweety pie Oscott - Buisness psychology
Uni Guy Oscott - course not specified
Reply 3
i applied oscott, i hope i get into that accomodation...coppice is my second, then hamstead third
Reply 4
went to the open day today bt only got to see the coppice accommodation :rolleyes: didnt look too bad tho.....looked quite cosy hehe. as for the actual uni and place......it doesnt look that good :frown:
Reply 5
was it the first time uve been there?

yea, they only show u the coppice, but its alright i think, even if its not ensuit, but the ensuit one is soo much beter they said. i think its the same size but with the ensuit part added

yea the areas not that good but o well lol, theres plenty of places to go in and around bham, so i dont think it really matters.
Reply 6
i know when i went to bham uni, it looked really dull and quite scary, but i liked the course and how it was run, so i thought what the heck, u make it what it is!! I heard that the rooms at the oscott are bigger than the coppice but i dont mind if i get a smaller room, just hope i get one of them as they are both near! :smile:
Reply 7
yeh thats exactly what i thought abt the course iv applied for, not many other unis do the course. And the accommodation looks pretty good even if the area and uni itself doesnt, so i guess its bearable lol
Reply 8
yea...i just like bham and that....and the course seems good to...no need for posh buildings lol, theres enough of that where im from now, so i want to have a change of environment
Reply 9
fair enough, sure we will all have too much fun and that to notice lol. Cant wait now really, wonder when we actually start and able to move in the accomadation??
Reply 10
i think its septemeber 16th we start....not sure...

i cant wait either! lolz
Reply 11
hey just checked the term dates and we start monday the 18th. well for most students. maybe we can move into the accomadation on the 16th?? dunno

:smile:
Reply 12
yep, we start on 18th sept, so im guessin we move in the wkend b4 we start? we have freshers week :biggrin: and then the rest of the uni go bk the week after (25th) i think. still got so long to wait lol.
Reply 13
ha! it will here b4 ur no it! I mite sound really sad saying this but im not totally sure what happens on these freshers weeks?? i no its so we can get to no each other and that but what actually happens??? lol hope i dont sound really pathetic:frown:
Reply 14
I have just had my first week at uni ( UCE) and basically it involved telling us about the course, how to phone in sick if we were ill, health and safety procedures, talks from the unions that represent nurses ( I am a student nurse), talks from student services and the union of students, how to use the library. Basically just what you need to know when you start uni. When you come in September, I would suppose you will have a proper freshers week , the sort you imagine it to be. Because we started in April, we didnt seem to get one!!!!, never mind I will try and attend the freshers week at my campus in September.
Reply 15
like u said skelly12, its a chance for ppl to get to know each other....erm..... a chance to get used to the place, join societies....going out, having fun and probz gettin drunk for most peeps:p:
Reply 16
sounds like fresher week will b fun!! lets just hope my room mates r ppl that im gonna want to go drinking with lol!! i actually cant wait now but nervous at the same time. shame lizzigee couldnt have a proper freshers week!! u will have to cum in septemeber, seems ur still a fresher!
Reply 17
i hope i make friends quickly....should be good if i do
I hope theres decent ppl in the accomodation ive applied to.

skelly whats ur asl by the way?
Reply 18
i know what ya mean, it wud be awful to have no friends! lol as at least i have one drinking partner! Nah im sure every1 is thinking the same and sure we will all make friends! i just hope i have a good laugh with my flat mates. hope they like the same sort of things as me.

Im 19 female and from a small town in northamptonshire, need to break out in 2 the big bad world! how about u? asl
Reply 19
well u kno what they say.....everyones in the same boat!
im really wonderin wot my flatmates will be like now! hope they'r nice ppl hehe :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending