The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

MSc Speech & Language Therapy (Pre-registration) at BCU/Birmingham City University

Hi

Anyone applying for SLT at BCU for Jan 25? I was hoping to apply for Jan 24 but was too late in applying.

Also anyone that has previously studied SLT at BCU please could you provide any information… what was the course like? Lectures? Exams? Do you recommend? X
Original post by Karreli1
Hi

Anyone applying for SLT at BCU for Jan 25? I was hoping to apply for Jan 24 but was too late in applying.

Also anyone that has previously studied SLT at BCU please could you provide any information… what was the course like? Lectures? Exams? Do you recommend? X

Hi @Karreli1

I am not an SLT student. However, I do study on the City South campus, which is where you may be studying too. I am happy to share my experience; hopefully, this will give you a better idea of what your time at BCU might look like. Firstly, the campus itself is great. Everyone on our campus is part of the Health, Education and Life Sciences (HELS) faculty. So you will meet many others who are going down similar career paths to yourself.

I am currently in my third year studying Education Studies. My course does not have exams, so it is all coursework-based. So, I am assessed in many different ways, such as essays, presentations and portfolios. This may be slightly different for your course.

I have three lectures a week, one for each module. These lectures usually last between 2-3 hours. In my second year, I had the opportunity to go on placement, which was really helpful in helping me decide what age group I wanted to work with in the future. BCU has great links with local organisations, so finding placements and other opportunities, such as volunteering or part-time work is very easy.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at BCU and recommend my course to anyone interested in studying education.

I hope this has helped; if you are still keen to ask more questions, I strongly advise you to attend one of our open days, where you can talk to the lecturers teaching the SLT course. You might even have the opportunity to talk to a current SLT student!

You can find out more about our upcoming open days here.

Wishing you all the best:smile:

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending