The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2013 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Koalagate
Yes, I guess so - because some of them were so amazing, I still can't help but feel like there's been some kind of massive mistake though.

One thing's for sure: I feel extremely, extremely lucky to be in this position.

Probably we all do/will. It's still sinking in frankly. I am getting used to the idea of thinking of myself as an "Oxford student". I mean, I love it, but it will take ages probably before I am convinced that's really me. I wonder if I will be more convinced when I'm in my room at Exeter! I hope so! :smile: And yeah, totally lucky, amazingly privileged, completely excited and feel like I will put total effort into making it a success. :smile:
Reply 41
Two of my closest friends have got in: one for Ancient and Modern History and another for Theology!

i am just so happy for them.. just thought I'd let you guys know :biggrin:
Original post by tjf8
Well done! I'm not actually sure where I'm going yet; I've only had an email saying I will be given an offer by a college which isn't the one I applied to, but nothing in the post yet :s-smilie: frustrating!

Still, so glad to get in :h:

where else were you interviewed?
Reply 43
I got a Physics offer from Merton and I have no idea what to feel. I literally don't know. I was not expecting this at all.
Original post by Chique
Ahhh I can't believe I get to post here! Anyone else for Languages at St Catz? :biggrin:

Yes!!!! ahhh I just opened my letter for French and Spanish at Catz :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Longhairedchild
where else were you interviewed?

Just New (my choice) and Corpus, so I assume it will be the latter
Offer for Brasenose Maths! :smile: Just in a complete state of shock ...
Original post by tjf8
Just New (my choice) and Corpus, so I assume it will be the latter

yeah i would assume so too! i bet you're ecstatic regardless though?
Offer from Queens for Chemistry :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I'm running round the house singing god save the queen, I originally applied to Catz but I think I actually prefer Queens :smile:
Reply 49
Congratulations everyone!

Been stalking the applicants thread forever!

Just got an offer. I can't believe that Oxford want me!

:woohoo:
Reply 50
Original post by Longhairedchild
yeah i would assume so too! i bet you're ecstatic regardless though?

Definitely! So relieved as well, just want to find out what grades I need etc. I didn't think I'd get it for English either, such a competitive course
I got an offer for Theology at Keble. I'm absolutely astounded that their standards have slipped so far!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 52
Original post by bugsuper
I got a Physics offer from Merton and I have no idea what to feel. I literally don't know. I was not expecting this at all.

See you there :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SoNottingH
Probably we all do/will. It's still sinking in frankly. I am getting used to the idea of thinking of myself as an "Oxford student". I mean, I love it, but it will take ages probably before I am convinced that's really me. I wonder if I will be more convinced when I'm in my room at Exeter! I hope so! :smile: And yeah, totally lucky, amazingly privileged, completely excited and feel like I will put total effort into making it a success. :smile:

It still is for me too. I haven't got a physical letter yet and I don't really think I'm going to believe it until I hold it (well, fine, I admittedly did believe it enough to post about it on Facebook :wink:).

Yep, this is putting pressure on me to dramatically increase my work ethic for the grades! I'm trying not to procrastinate the time away stalking the Oxford forum on TSR and thinking about what societies and things I plan to join, but it's not really working... :tongue:
Original post by tjf8
Definitely! So relieved as well, just want to find out what grades I need etc. I didn't think I'd get it for English either, such a competitive course

I know! Me too. And I thought my interview went miserably. And when I wasn't interviewed anywhere else I just assumed I was a write off. :colondollar:
Reply 55
Original post by esther6
Ahhhh another Bio person!!!!

Yes! Which college are you at?
Reply 56

Ahh! What are you studying?
Reply 57
Original post by bugsuper
Ahh! What are you studying?

Physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Hey guys! I still can't believe that I "qualify" to post in this thread :biggrin:
Any other St Hilda's/Experimental Psychology peeps? :smile:
Reply 59

We must've met at some point then! Unless you came to Merton from a different college? I can't believe it's me out of all of the super-intelligent people who got interviewed, it's surreal!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending