The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Everdawn
at least it wasnt a poisoned cake... :rolleyes:

what?
lumpycustard
why is it tha one day ur life can b so great, and u feel so happy and like everythin is going good, and then, the next day it all goes to cop and life feels like... its not really worth it. and u canthelp urself but to cry coz its so bad, and gone like that in the space of a day.

why does it have to b like that.

Sometimes we just need a bit of non-specific consolation:

"I'm very sorry that you are feeling down, I get that too sometimes. Just trust me when I say that eventually everything will be all right, and that you will feel much better then. Until that happens, we are all here for you".

Here you go :smile:
Reply 22
Gimp
you'll be your old self again tomorrow.
dont see that happenin
Reply 23
oldthrashbarg
Sometimes we just need a bit of non-specific consolation:

"I'm very sorry that you are feeling down, I get that too sometimes. Just trust me when I say that eventually everything will be all right, and that you will feel much better then. Until that happens, we are all here for you".

Here you go :smile:

thanks. eventually cud b in like 2 yrs where the bf is concerned.

with everythin else, i hope so
Reply 24
I think they prefer to be called Inuits eskimo is though to possibly mean "eaters of raw meat" and they take offence!

I know darling, i know they dont like being called eskimo's, I know there is no inuit famine and there sure as hell arent any inuits in Antarctica. Its just another of my sayings.

What?

Can you tell im in a crazy mood... im pointing out the bright side. However murky and vague it is.
Reply 25
lumpycustard
well she does and she doesnt.

like she stopped him seein me yesterday and friday night is our night. today i was meeting him for the day as im away on work training 2moro and wont b able to see him. i got off the bus ready to meet him and he texted saying he GORUNDED! oh my god! i mean i no hes younger than me and this is enivitable but im nearly 18 for christs sake! i was pretty upset, as iv been given the run around so much. he told em yesterday he doesnt want to meet me after my training and although i was upset coz i just wanted to chill out with him i got ok about it. this as happened so muhc in the past and he never sticks up for himself.

I thought you were going to Blackpool this weekend??
Well you and Steve seem to get on really well- don't let his family drive you apart, that's what they want. I felt just like you- my bf's mum had total control over him when I met him and he was 20! She hated my guts. But we stuck with it, he finally stood up to her and now we get on great :smile: Once your bf starts to stand up to his parents, things will change. You just need to let him know that all this is making you feel miserable and he needs tp start standing up to them. But don't blame him though- it's hard to stand up to parents who have always had a say in what you do with your life.
Reply 26
Everdawn

Can you tell im in a crazy mood... im pointing out the bright side. However murky and vague it is.

there isnt a bright side. not even a slight one.
Reply 27

*Faints* Oh! Lumpy! If there is no bright side, my life has no meaning!
Death! Death! Take us all! *dramatic pose*
Reply 28
suz19
I thought you were going to Blackpool this weekend??
Well you and Steve seem to get on really well- don't let his family drive you apart, that's what they want. I felt just like you- my bf's mum had total control over him when I met him and he was 20! She hated my guts. But we stuck with it, he finally stood up to her and now we get on great :smile: Once your bf starts to stand up to his parents, things will change. You just need to let him know that all this is making you feel miserable and he needs tp start standing up to them. But don't blame him though- it's hard to stand up to parents who have always had a say in what you do with your life.

er.. no. dont no where u got that idea form lol!

he wil never stand up to her, i wish he wud but he wont. my mum said wen she saw him he turned to her and said "can i c lou" and she said no and all he did was say ok. not "i am doin, she is my girlfriend, u cant keep doing this to us" or anything.
Reply 29
lumpycustard

I'm sure there is, you just can't see it yet. Everything happens for a reason.
Reply 30
Cate
I'm sure there is, you just can't see it yet. Everything happens for a reason.

tell me where the bright side is. the bfs mum tells him wen and wen he cant c me, and even tho its tearing us apart he does nothing. he is not even texting back or answering his fone (he saw my mum and told he wud 2 HOURS AGO!) i got a new job whihc wil stop me seeing him at weekends, i wil; onyl be able to see him sundays and guess what, his mum said no hes not seeing me on sundays! and thats way hes gona let it stay!

and, my dad is going thru stress at the mo as we r in a lot od debt and we have no money to pay for anythin, which means we may av the chance of ebin kicked out of our rented home.

also, i am avin stress with what to do wen i leave 6th form, thinkin of the best options for mum and dad over me as its them who will suffer form my decision.

and so muchn more but i wont bore u further
Reply 31
lumpycustard
er.. no. dont no where u got that idea form lol!

he wil never stand up to her, i wish he wud but he wont. my mum said wen she saw him he turned to her and said "can i c lou" and she said no and all he did was say ok. not "i am doin, she is my girlfriend, u cant keep doing this to us" or anything.

Steve said you 2 were gona go to Blackpool I assumed he meant this weekend.

So does his mum not like you as a person or is it just that she doesn't want Steve in any sort of relationship??
Reply 32
suz19
Steve said you 2 were gona go to Blackpool I assumed he meant this weekend.

So does his mum not like you as a person or is it just that she doesn't want Steve in any sort of relationship??

no we were plannin to go in october...

im not sure. we get on... ok. i think she just wants to be the ruler over stes life and make nhiom do things her way. and he lets her... which in turn is makin me unhappy over our reltionship. iv told but wen i tell him he either gets mad and says its not his fault, or goes nice and says it will get better. but that nver happens
Reply 33
lumpycustard
tell me where the bright side is. the bfs mum tells him wen and wen he cant c me, and even tho its tearing us apart he does nothing. he is not even texting back or answering his fone (he saw my mum and told he wud 2 HOURS AGO!) i got a new job whihc wil stop me seeing him at weekends, i wil; onyl be able to see him sundays and guess what, his mum said no hes not seeing me on sundays! and thats way hes gona let it stay!

and, my dad is going thru stress at the mo as we r in a lot od debt and we have no money to pay for anythin, which means we may av the chance of ebin kicked out of our rented home.

also, i am avin stress with what to do wen i leave 6th form, thinkin of the best options for mum and dad over me as its them who will suffer form my decision.

and so muchn more but i wont bore u further

Well evidently your boyfriend needs to get a lot more assertive. How old is he anyway? If your going out with him, he sounds old enough to stand up for himself.
We've been in pretty bad money situations, as I'm sure many people have, and guess what? We survived and have some out much better off than we were before.
Reply 34
lumpycustard
no we were plannin to go in october...

im not sure. we get on... ok. i think she just wants to be the ruler over stes life and make nhiom do things her way. and he lets her... which in turn is makin me unhappy over our reltionship. iv told but wen i tell him he either gets mad and says its not his fault, or goes nice and says it will get better. but that nver happens

Well atleast she doesn't hate you- my bf's mum used to! But I understand how much it gets you down- some mothers just don't want to lose the control they have over their children. The only way for anything to change will be for him to stand up to her. Is he scared of her?
Reply 35
How about you all sit down and discuss it?

Anyway, nightey-night, im going to sleep now, it's after midnight. (on a SAT night, i know but...)
Reply 36
Cate
Well evidently your boyfriend needs to get a lot more assertive. How old is he anyway? If your going out with him, he sounds old enough to stand up for himself.
We've been in pretty bad money situations, as I'm sure many people have, and guess what? We survived and have some out much better off than we were before.

:frown:
Reply 37
suz19
Well atleast she doesn't hate you- my bf's mum used to! But I understand how much it gets you down- some mothers just don't want to lose the control they have over their children. The only way for anything to change will be for him to stand up to her. Is he scared of her?

i think hes splittin with me, hes on the fone 2 me now
Reply 38
Probably not what you want to hear but my ex's parents absolutely detested me (apparently I'm not chinese) and they were a factor in our eventual break up.

Get him to have a proper talk with his mother about it? Maybe she doesn't know how he feels, there must be a reason why she won't let him go out?
Reply 39
lumpycustard
i think hes splittin with me, hes on the fone 2 me now

:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending