The Student Room Group

My course

Why Business administration is important or why should i study this course?
Original post by Rahul jaiswal
Why Business administration is important or why should i study this course?

I find the phrasing of this question particularly annoying and somewhat narcisstic.

Why Business administration is important?
I don't find the subject particularly important, but if you intend to run or manage your own business knowing nothing about business prior to going in is like setting yourself up for a very high likelihood of failure. If you want to become an academic in business, doing a business degree is going to be important/essential.
I am biased against business degrees, but I find business knowledge essential if you intend to do anything in business. Whether you want to get the business knowledge specifically through a degree in business administration is up to you (I personally wouldn't). That's my disclaimer and essentially sums up my opinion.

why should i study this course?
I don't know why you should study this course. You're not obliged to study any course.
If you don't feel compelled to study the degree, then don't do it. If you don't like business or want to do anything with business, then don't do it.
Nobody is obligating you to study this course; nobody insists that you should study this course; and nobody is going to justify themselves why you should study this course. If you don't want to study it, then don't.
If you want to study a course, you should find the reasons why you want to study it yourself. Noone is going straight up to you and sell you on why you should do a particular subject.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending