The Student Room Group

queen ethelburgas scholarship day

Hi,
next week I am going to the queen ethelburga's scholarship day and I have been told that I need to make a presentation, have an interview and take two exams of my choice.
I was basically hoping if anybody had any advice in how to make a good impression and what to talk about.
I am mostly worried about the exams as I have chosen to do history and English. My mam has told me that the history paper is incredibly general and so I am unsure what to revise for it. She said that the paper would ask me to talk about a person or an event or something like that and it may then ask how it influenced the future for example. Does anyone have any experience with any exams like these? I am not sure whether there will be a time period or if I can literally for example revise World War II and talk about something in relation to that.

any help would be so appreciated I'm so nervous and just looking for any advice possible. Thank you !
Reply 1
Original post by char97
Hi,
next week I am going to the queen ethelburga's scholarship day and I have been told that I need to make a presentation, have an interview and take two exams of my choice.
I was basically hoping if anybody had any advice in how to make a good impression and what to talk about.
I am mostly worried about the exams as I have chosen to do history and English. My mam has told me that the history paper is incredibly general and so I am unsure what to revise for it. She said that the paper would ask me to talk about a person or an event or something like that and it may then ask how it influenced the future for example. Does anyone have any experience with any exams like these? I am not sure whether there will be a time period or if I can literally for example revise World War II and talk about something in relation to that.

any help would be so appreciated I'm so nervous and just looking for any advice possible. Thank you !

Hi, i have no experience with Queen ethelburgas but i have applied for entry at sixth form and i was wondering which year you were applying at?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
how did it go? i'm going to one in january, what was your experience of it? any tips??? :smile:
What was it like? I'm going in 2 weeks! I'm very nervous. My papers are maths and biology, how hard were the papers? What sort of subject did you talk about in the presentation?
Reply 4
How do you sign up to get one coz I wanna go there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending