The Student Room Group

Help me!!

Hi! Is Hult a good uni for Business undergrad?? I'm so confused...so I applied to 5 Econ courses through UCAS and only got into Bath but I don't think I met the grade requirements and tbh I think I'd be better off doing Business instead of Econ and I love the idea of living in London. I just applied to Hult and got accepted but the other option would be to wait for Clearing and maybe apply to City or Queen Mary, what do you guys think? Is Hult too much of a 'private uni' ? And will I get accommodation if I apply through Clearing?
(edited 9 months ago)
Can you afford the fees for hult without a student loan? It’s not a UK university
Original post by PQ
Can you afford the fees for hult without a student loan? It’s not a UK university

yes...but it would be pushing it. Apart from the cost, would you recommend me going there?
Original post by adrianatorresss
yes...but it would be pushing it. Apart from the cost, would you recommend me going there?

Personally? Not at all
Original post by PQ
Personally? Not at all

Whyy? My other option is clearing…
Reply 5
Hi! Is Hult a good uni for Business undergrad?? I'm so confused...so I applied to 5 Econ courses through UCAS and only got into Bath but I don't think I met the grade requirements and tbh I think I'd be better off doing Business instead of Econ and I love the idea of living in London. I just applied to Hult and got accepted but the other option would be to wait for Clearing and maybe apply to City or Queen Mary, what do you guys think? Is Hult too much of a 'private uni' ? And will I get accommodation if I apply through Clearing?

Bath is a great uni so it’s a shame you no longer want to go there. I really don’t see the benefit of going to a private uni, and unlike London Business School, which is also private, I’ve never even heard of Hult, and can’t find it in any rankings, so no I would not recommend going there.
Original post by lalexm
Bath is a great uni so it’s a shame you no longer want to go there. I really don’t see the benefit of going to a private uni, and unlike London Business School, which is also private, I’ve never even heard of Hult, and can’t find it in any rankings, so no I would not recommend going there.

But what if I don’t meet the grade requirements? You think it’s better for me to wait one year than going to Hult?
Reply 7
But what if I don’t meet the grade requirements? You think it’s better for me to wait one year than going to Hult?

If you don’t meet the grade requirements and you don’t get into Bath (they might still take you if you just miss), I would try clearing as there are loads of good unis in clearing, especially for business, which is not as competitive as some courses like econ, law, CS etc.

Clearing isn't a bad option. Start your research now so that you are prepared for results day. Search for courses that are currently in clearing (more will be added on results day) for economics and business and see if you would consider those unis:

https://www.ucas.com/clearing-launch

Also, read TSR's clearing FAQ megathread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264
Original post by lalexm
If you don’t meet the grade requirements and you don’t get into Bath (they might still take you if you just miss), I would try clearing as there are loads of good unis in clearing, especially for business, which is not as competitive as some courses like econ, law, CS etc.

Yes?? And what do you think about living in London vs Bath? Is it better for business?
Original post by normaw
Clearing isn't a bad option. Start your research now so that you are prepared for results day. Search for courses that are currently in clearing (more will be added on results day) for economics and business and see if you would consider those unis:

https://www.ucas.com/clearing-launch

Also, read TSR's clearing FAQ megathread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264

I really like the Bayes Business School, City, maybe it is a better option than Hult and then there’s also Queen Mary but I called them the other day and they seemed very strict on grade requirements…
Reply 11
Yes?? And what do you think about living in London vs Bath? Is it better for business?

Bath is a lovely city, but only you can decide where you prefer to live. Bath has one of the top business school in the country. There are also great business schools in London like LSE, Imperial, UCL, City (Bayes), but don’t know which of them will be in clearing.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by lalexm
Bath is a lovely city, but only you can decide where you prefer to live. Bath has one of the top business school in the country. There are also great business schools in London like LSE, Imperial, UCL, City (Bayes), but don’t know which of them will be in clearing.

Thank u so much for your help! Hopefully City will go to clearing but I’ll first try Bath, maybe they don’t accept me for econ but they do for business…would that be a possibility? I would already have accommodation at bath which would be great☺️
Thank u so much for your help! Hopefully City will go to clearing but I’ll first try Bath, maybe they don’t accept me for econ but they do for business…would that be a possibility? I would already have accommodation at bath which would be great☺️

If you don't have a place on results day, then you would need to check if business is in clearing at Bath and follow the application procedure (check this in the clearing thread I mentioned above).
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by normaw
If you don't have a place on results day, then you would need to check if business is in clearing at Bath and follow the application procedure (check this in the clearing thread I mentioned above).

Oh right, but would I still have my accommodation if I do it like this?
Reply 15
Skip Hult. It is not respectable, and they will accept anyone who can pay their fees
Original post by Film
Skip Hult. It is not respectable, and they will accept anyone who can pay their fees

Hahahahah actually? I’m so glad I asked on here…I literally had 6 days to accept the offer, and they gave me 2 scholarships as well but after all the hard work ( I don’t think I did very well in maths though) I do want to go somewhere respectable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending