Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Thick black glasses Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, new to the forum!

Thought I should ask here since a lot of students wear these: where is the best place to buy thick black prescription glasses in the UK? I've tried to get them online but most sites are in the US and would cost about £70 plus extra for postage. I'm not bothered about designer brands or anything like that.

If anyone could give me some on advice on a good place to buy them, or where you got your own, that would be great. Thanks!

These are the sort of glasses I'm meaning by the way:

Name:  nerd_glasses.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  47.6 KB

EDIT: Just realised I should have put this in the clothes sub-forum, apologies!

ReputationRep:
    You can get them for about 70p on Amazon, lol

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    70p for PRESCRIPTION glasses, I think not. The style is called wayfarer so maybe that could help your search

ReputationRep:
    Like EVERYWHERE. Boots opticians and Specsavers for sure.
    Edit: were you looking to buy them online only?

ReputationRep:
    specsavers! i got the Gok Wan ones when they had an offer over christmas but they're normally about £99 check there

ReputationRep:
    Try tesco optcitions they do frames with standard prescription cheaply I recently got a pair kind of similar to those but smaller lenes for £15 as spares.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The students who wear them aka hipsters mostly have 20-20 vision. lolz

ReputationRep:
    They're called "Wayfarer" and they were made popular by Ray-Ban.

Ray-Bans can be quite expansive so look around and make sure you try them on first! They don't suit everyone! Trust me on that!

Jesse

ReputationRep:
    it may be possible to buy any glasses/sunglasses and ask your optician to change the lenses- mine did

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Specsavers is good, especially if you are eligible for an NHS voucher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sausageez)
    specsavers! i got the Gok Wan ones when they had an offer over christmas but they're normally about £99 check there
    I got gok wans too! They are like dark brown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandraa)
    I got gok wans too! They are like dark brown
    i got these ones in tortoiseshell, i love them
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wow I really like them!! Mine are these

I hope my prescription changes soon and I can get a new pair

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wow I really like them!! Mine are these

I hope my prescription changes soon and I can get a new pair

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    aw that's cute i nearly bought 2 pairs cos they had them on sale for half price i don't think i want to change mine just yet, i absolutely adore them

ReputationRep:
    aw that's cute i nearly bought 2 pairs cos they had them on sale for half price i don't think i want to change mine just yet, i absolutely adore them
    Each time my prescription changes I get a new pair on the nhs for free

ReputationRep:
    Each time my prescription changes I get a new pair on the nhs for free
    ah u're lucky, i have to pay for mine *boo*

ReputationRep:
    Do they have a blue tinge on the inside of the frame? If so I have this pair too!

I'm hoping to get a couple more pairs of Gok Wan glasses for my birthday if they're still bogof, because I'm in love with his range.

ReputationRep:
    oh brother! you are so last season! get with the times geek chic! uh uh geek freak yu uh! You wanna suit up buddy, nothing beats a suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floalley)
    Do they have a blue tinge on the inside of the frame? If so I have this pair too!

I'm hoping to get a couple more pairs of Gok Wan glasses for my birthday if they're still bogof, because I'm in love with his range.
    no, mine is just that tortoiseshell colour with different shades of brown. aw do! they're pretty cool eh? they're my first ever fashionable pair of glasses i've finally come to embrace my short-sightedness i never used to wear my glasses cos i hated the frames

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.