The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex199
does anyone know what the January 2013 essay question on development and globalisation was ?

‘Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.’
(Thomas Jefferson)
To what extent do you agree with this statement in relation to trade between countries
and the groupings of nations? (40 marks)
Original post by acedlol
DO THE ESSAY FIRST

IF YOU RUN OUT OF TIME, YOU ARE DONE FOR.

Trust me as a person that has done this exam twice, this exam SHOULD take you up to the point where they say "Time's up". Both times I have finished within 20 seconds of the final bell. The conclusion is arguably the most important part of your essay, and if you don't do it, you are going to throw away 5-10 marks instantly.

If you leaving the essay to last, just make sure you leave more than 1 hour 10 minutes. If you only have this long, STOP AND DO THE ESSAY.

It's better to **** a 10 marker up, than a 40 marker.

tips for the essay? How do you think like a geographer?
Reply 2162
Original post by Khushaali
tips for the essay? How do you think like a geographer?

I tend to draw and colour in a world map for bonus marks :smile:
Reply 2163
Original post by ArsenalBen
Do you mean the eco vs environmental sustainability or sustainable tourism?

Sorry, meant Eco vs environmental sustainability
Original post by dawg
Sorry, meant Eco vs environmental sustainability

Oh ok, I've done Excellent Development in Kenya. Basically we got taught from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spV2s_14Fc, it's pretty dull but a useful case study. Or I could send you my notes?
Getting fed up with case studies, decided to use my Ethiopian coffee one from food last year for my LDC and my Trade vs Aid case study, that is okay right? Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2166
Original post by ArsenalBen
Oh ok, I've done Excellent Development in Kenya. Basically we got taught from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spV2s_14Fc, it's pretty dull but a useful case study. Or I could send you my notes?

Ahh that's brilliant mate! Just what I'm looking for.

As for the notes thanks but no need to go to the trouble, watching the video will be a nice break from staring at the revision guide!
Reply 2167
does anyone know what the plate tectonics essay for jan 2013 was? Hoping it wasn't plate tectonic theory so it comes up tomorrow... someone help!!!!
Original post by ontnorth
What kind of question do you reckon though?? EQs would be so much easier to blab on about for an hour

The usual AQA ****...

I did a practice one this morning and it took me 40 minutesx and I wrote around 4 pages :/ I may need to not rush it in the exam
Original post by LucyF7795
just wondering if anybody else feels completely screwed for tomorrow's exam?

me:frown:
I know nothing :frown: waaa. Im gonna need a miracle tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2171
Does anyone know anything about volcanic observatory centres?? Any notes at all would be useful :smile: predicting volcanoes essay
Reply 2172
Original post by ysiad
does anyone know what the plate tectonics essay for jan 2013 was? Hoping it wasn't plate tectonic theory so it comes up tomorrow... someone help!!!!

It was: ‘Natural disasters are often not natural disasters, but are in fact human disasters.’
(AQA Geography student June 2010)
Discuss this statement in relation to seismic events.

However, plate tec theory came up in June 2012
Original post by ysiad

‘Natural disasters are often not natural disasters, but are in fact human disasters.’ (AQA Geography student June 2010)
Discuss this statement in relation to seismic events.

This was the one from january! Hope it helps! :smile:
Reply 2174
thank you, good luck everyone! lets hope the paper is nice for us....
Original post by Jade10128
I know nothing :frown: waaa. Im gonna need a miracle tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

if it comforts you I know nothing too...and I haven't slept properly in days because of this exam!
Reply 2176
Original post by ysiad

Have you got a good plate tectonics plan/ example essay I could look at please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Axion
I tend to draw and colour in a world map for bonus marks :smile:

Are you joking!? How do you get time for that!
I don't think tectonic theory will come up this year as it came up last year :/
Reply 2179
Has anyone got the mark scheme for the jan 13 paper please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending