The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3400
Original post by mariomario1
100% in A2 Geography Units 3 with 37 on the essay and 4B and an A* overall. I am absolutely over the moon and it is my proudest result by far due to how many hours i spent revising! :') :')

how do you know what you got in your essay? :smile:
Reply 3401
Studying geography at Chester! Can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by V95
how do you know what you got in your essay? :smile:

My teacher emailed congratulating me and told me my essay mark :smile:
Reply 3403
Original post by ElChapo
Thats impressive! What else did you do and get?

I also got an A in Biology and a B in Chemistry :smile:
I got my A in geography! yay :smile:
Really disappointed, I got 75 ums on this paper which left me with 277 overall which is 3 ums from a grade B:frown: want a bit of advice, anyone think its worth getting a remark to gain the 3 extra ums marks? And how likely do you think it is this would happen?
Reply 3406
Original post by Jack_lufc
Really disappointed, I got 75 ums on this paper which left me with 277 overall which is 3 ums from a grade B:frown: want a bit of advice, anyone think its worth getting a remark to gain the 3 extra ums marks? And how likely do you think it is this would happen?

Depends mate, if you need the 3 extra ums then go for it but if you don't need it for uni, whats the point?

Also fairly likely, this year all of the January AS papers form our school got sent back because they were poorly marked and nearly everyone went up at least a grade.

But it's whether you have the money upfront, but you do get it back if it goes up!

I was 3UMS from a B overall aswell :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dawg
Depends mate, if you need the 3 extra ums then go for it but if you don't need it for uni, whats the point?

Also fairly likely, this year all of the January AS papers form our school got sent back because they were poorly marked and nearly everyone went up at least a grade.

But it's whether you have the money upfront, but you do get it back if it goes up!

I'm going to uni next year so I want the best grade possible, and I don't feel a C reflects my ability. I've got the money so I'm definitely going to try it, I reckon it's worth the risk. Thanks for the advice mate!

it will occasionally happen. you have slightly more chance in unit 3 due to the amount of marks. but majority of papers only go up by a few marks. In some cases there will be big jumps, so enough for 3 UMS, but not the majority, although it does occasionally happen.
Original post by clareramos
it will occasionally happen. you have slightly more chance in unit 3 due to the amount of marks. but majority of papers only go up by a few marks. In some cases there will be big jumps, so enough for 3 UMS, but not the majority, although it does occasionally happen.

So you don't think it's likely I'll gain 3 ums? It's only 2 raw marks?
So you don't think it's likely I'll gain 3 ums? It's only 2 raw marks?

could well do. There is a good amount of 1-2 mark increase this year on EaR for unit 3, spoke to the EaR manager for that unit (I do 2, 4A and 4B), there is also a small amount going down a mark. But I would say go for it.
Original post by clareramos
could well do. There is a good amount of 1-2 mark increase this year on EaR for unit 3, spoke to the EaR manager for that unit (I do 2, 4A and 4B), there is also a small amount going down a mark. But I would say go for it.

I'm going to I've got nothing to lose, just really hope I get those two marks because I'm gutted with my result at the minute
I am going for a remark of my main paper as my whole grade is one ums off an A. >.< So hopefully I will go up a ums!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleRit
I am going for a remark of my main paper as my whole grade is one ums off an A. >.< So hopefully I will go up a ums!

Posted from TSR Mobile
me too!! One mark off a C... fingers crossed for us!
Original post by LittleRit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let us know how you get on!
I got a C- which was a miracle considering I didn't finish and in the mocks I got pitiful U's!
Reply 3417
Hi : ) I want to study Geography and my favourite Uni asks for AAB-ABB 'Including geography'. Because a grade isn't specified, does that mean I can potentially be accepted with a B in Geography?????
Original post by Helen 5
Hi : ) I want to study Geography and my favourite Uni asks for AAB-ABB 'Including geography'. Because a grade isn't specified, does that mean I can potentially be accepted with a B in Geography?????

Yep, aslong as they don't say 'with an A in geography' you should be fine as long your ABB includes geography. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helen 5

Wrong thread but yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending