The Student Room Group

AQA GCE Geography Unit 3- 7th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ontnorth
For planning and management issues of areas undergoing urbanisation, would you talk about Vision Mumbai etc. ?

I think I did a question about this earlier! You could talk about so many things including Mumbai, Sao Paulo, ecotowns (planning e.g. Curitiba) and also waste and transport management too. As long as the case studies used are areas undergoing urbanisation of course :smile:
Reply 1361
Original post by liabhimani
I have english on THURSDAY

dont worry :P. u have the half da on friday to revise :wink:

i'm gonna flop anyway so thank me for bringing the grade boundaries down :smile:. only like 500 people take the exam each june
Reply 1362
Original post by Axion

i'm gonna flop anyway so thank me for bringing the grade boundaries down :smile:. only like 500 people take the exam each june

Redfearn said 16000 did it last june
Anyone got some bawlin' predictions for 7, 8 and 10 markers for World Cities? :biggrin: Sorry if it's already been posted!
Reply 1364
Redfearn said 16000 did it last june

cant remember exactly but read it in the examiner's report? idk maybe thatw as for jan :s-smilie:
Reply 1365
I think what im going to struggle on the most is the 7 markers -.-
Reply 1366
Original post by Gary
I think what im going to struggle on the most is the 7 markers -.-

then you're going to do very very very well.

cos im so bad at everything else! dont know it at all
Original post by rosiesaurus
Ahh wow, congrats:smile: *fingers crossed?* I'm a WJECer, looking at some of your papers I wish I wasn't though, do you just do the internal assessment, climate cange/resources/fossils papers in A2?

I believe so, although I only did it for AS! Looks really interesting though, especially the bit about dinosaurs.
THANK GOD BATHLOTIH IS GONE (despite me learning it :frown:) and yeah same with my teacher!! but theres no specific tsunami case study we have to learn right? so it could only be an 8 marker 'Describes causes and characteristics of tsunamis?' CITIES is fine!!! what are you worried about, it's much easier to BS than tectonics :frown:

Ah I just can't get my head around decline and regen and reurb and counter urb and suburb etc. whereas tectonics is all sciencey and makes sense to me!
Original post by Axion
cant remember exactly but read it in the examiner's report? idk maybe thatw as for jan :s-smilie:

Yeah I read an examiners report for jan that had around 368 people doing it, and thousands doing it in June.

I have 6 exams left, including 3 next week! I think I might just die.
Reply 1369
What do we think might come up for the 7,8 and 10 markers for tectonics and world cities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1370
Does anyone have a link for the Jan 2013 paper?
Original post by GLOB
What do we think might come up for the 7,8 and 10 markers for tectonics and world cities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

tectonics 8 mark possibly 'describe characteristics and causes of tsunamis?' and 10 mark possibly something to do with seismic case studies?
Original post by Axion

yup major cram! and haha you won't trust me I've prepared myself for failure on this! only 500?!?!!? Theres like 30 at my school haha I'm sure it's more than 500!
Reply 1373
i hope seismicity comes up, volcanicity is too complex for me, and for the Globalisation 40 marker, i hope we get TNC's/NIC's - if not, then i'm in a whole load of trouble
Reply 1374
For planning and management issues of areas undergoing urbanisation, would you talk about Vision Mumbai etc. ?

is that a 40mark question? :smile:
Reply 1375
tectonics 8 mark possibly 'describe characteristics and causes of tsunamis?' and 10 mark possibly something to do with seismic case studies?

Arghh, I have no idea what the characteristics of a tsunami are :s could someone explain this to me? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1376
Original post by V95
i hope seismicity comes up, volcanicity is too complex for me, and for the Globalisation 40 marker, i hope we get TNC's/NIC's - if not, then i'm in a whole load of trouble

Same! Sustainability just doesn't have enough to write about, whilst TNC's/NIC's I could easily write 6 sides on ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1377
Original post by V95
is that a 40mark question? :smile:

I found it as a 10 mark :smile:
Reply 1378
Just realised, evaluation of partnerships as regeneration schemes was on both June 11 and 12 papers! surely they wont chuck it in again?
I have english on THURSDAY

I do too! Really not looking forward to it, already took it in Jan and got a High C need a B this time. English is the hardest to revise for there is so much they could ask!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending