The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Psychology: G544: Approaches and Research Methods - Monday 17th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by ttreb
Haha very true. Mind you I thought they were predictable for core studies this year! Just a shame they put two 10 markers on investigations...

Yeah Core Studies is pretty much the predictable exam but OCR are known for throwing the odd curveballs haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 721
Original post by mkhan9035
Yeah Core Studies is pretty much the predictable exam but OCR are known for throwing the odd curveballs haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely. Sorry to keep bothering you, I know you did this quite a while back now but do you know how to structure the answers in regards to each question? My teacher hasn't really explained it all that well.
Reply 722
Original post by ttreb
Definitely. Sorry to keep bothering you, I know you did this quite a while back now but do you know how to structure the answers in regards to each question? My teacher hasn't really explained it all that well.

For which exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 723
For which exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

G544 Research Methods
Reply 724
Original post by ttreb
G544 Research Methods

For section B all i can remember is we followed the AMPRC method which is:

A - Aim
M - Method
P - Procedure
R - Results
C - Conclusion

The main things is to keep them minimal you don't have to detail everything like in core studies, just pick out the main results and your conclusion needs to mention what they gathered from that study and how that study ties into the approach i.e therefore loftus and palmer falls into the cognitive approach because it taught us that eye witness testimonies aren't reliable and can be distorted by environmental influences and that leading questions can influence eyewitness memory. Or something along those lines. I did this so long ago i'm not 100% on it but if i find any notes i'll let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 725
For section B all i can remember is we followed the AMPRC method which is:

A - Aim
M - Method
P - Procedure
R - Results
C - Conclusion

The main things is to keep them minimal you don't have to detail everything like in core studies, just pick out the main results and your conclusion needs to mention what they gathered from that study and how that study ties into the approach i.e therefore loftus and palmer falls into the cognitive approach because it taught us that eye witness testimonies aren't reliable and can be distorted by environmental influences and that leading questions can influence eyewitness memory. Or something along those lines. I did this so long ago i'm not 100% on it but if i find any notes i'll let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks man, really appreciate it.
Hi, anyone sitting G544 this year and what are you particularly focusing on for section B
Can the statistical tests be used for Correlation too or is it just for experiments??

I thought spearman's rank and chi-squared could be used for correlations but my teacher just said statistical tests are for experiments only and now I'm confused :/ ??
Hi! Can anyone tell me a study from AS or A2 that takes the individual explanation of the individualistic and situational explanations?!?
How did everyone think it went? :biggrin:
I thought it was actually a good paper.. APART from section A... got confused.. experiment but observation?
What did u guys choose? And HOW DID U GET UR DATA COLLECTED TO B OBSERVABLE BEHAVIOURS???
Original post by oliviahartley
How did everyone think it went? :biggrin:

I thought it was actually a good paper.. APART from section A... got confused.. experiment but observation?
What did u guys choose? And HOW DID U GET UR DATA COLLECTED TO B OBSERVABLE BEHAVIOURS???
Original post by GorgeousGlamour

I did 2 conditions (one exp, one control) where p's were sat at desks and handed maths booklets. In the exp condition five researchers acted as the presence of others and recorded pre-determined behaviours indicating poor ability of maths. In my control condition I used a live video link of the room so researchers could categorise behaviours without being present. What did everyone else do?
Original post by oliviahartley
i did 2 conditions (one exp, one control) where p's were sat at desks and handed maths booklets. In the exp condition five researchers acted as the presence of others and recorded pre-determined behaviours indicating poor ability of maths. In my control condition i used a live video link of the room so researchers could categorise behaviours without being present. What did everyone else do?

i did the video one too!!! :d
Does anybody remeber the section b questions for psychodynamic?
Reply 735
Research and options in applied psychology are worth 25% each right? I messed the research mehtods up soo badly! :frown: How much will is affect my overall grade... since it is 25%? ...
Reply 736
Original post by --K
Research and options in applied psychology are worth 25% each right? I messed the research mehtods up soo badly! :frown: How much will is affect my overall grade... since it is 25%? ...

Both A2 modules are equally weighted at 50% of the overall A-Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 737
Original post by kayleigh_jude
Just sat this exam in January and got 97/100, totally unpredicted.
Just a word of warning we all recieved a massive shock when instead of having an approach and methodology in Section B we had two methologies, which I hadn't even been taught.

START REVISING NOW!!! The second section is based alot of memory. Get basic answers prepared, especially for strengths and weaknesses and assumptions. A few of your strengths and weaknesses can be used for more than one approach, if you choose to focus on approaches. For example, usefulness can be a strength to all approaches, and deteminism and reductionism applied to all expect Individual Differences as a weakness.

If anyone wants any additional advice on revision notes etc, I'm willing to help.
Good luck everyone!!!!!

Heya just saw your post and well done! That's excellent what you got! I was wondering if you had any notes on g544? xx I haven't got any :frown: I AM SO SCREWED :frown: xx
Original post by dazza1801
Hi guys, I got an A in this paper too, with 92 UMS, only dropped 8 UMS marks and I could not be happier. However I am annoyed that I was only 5 UMS marks off an A in the subject overall, but I guess thee things happen :smile:

WOW thats amazing! could give some tips for me to get an A in that G544 paper I'm sitting it next week please??

urgently need help to get a high A
any who got an A/A* in the G544 paper could give some help would be very helpful??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending