The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
That's understandabl then and yeah its rather late, but this is when I decide to get a few past papers complete :tongue:

haha yep just finished a paper, gonna call it a day now. gotta wake up tomorrow at 9 to go library. good luck with the papers :biggrin:
Original post by masryboy94
haha yep just finished a paper, gonna call it a day now. gotta wake up tomorrow at 9 to go library. good luck with the papers :biggrin:

Fair enough then and thanks, I tend to do them watching TV too so it could go either way :tongue:
Reply 1642
Anyone has notes for c3 and c4, I'm quite worry especially trigo...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1643
was finding range question in 2013 c3 paper a hard question or a simple question? I dont think I have seen a question like that in any of the textbooks.
Original post by kronca
was finding range question in 2013 c3 paper a hard question or a simple question? I dont think I have seen a question like that in any of the textbooks.

It wasn't too bad if you saw the question in a certain way, however I think it was there to separate the A grade students from the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1645
I'm retaking C4 and C3 after failing them.
Where can I get the solomon papers?
finally done all C3 soloman papers and got 2 more to go for C4, then gnna do hardcore physics revision (so no maths for a while) and then do actual exam papers and see what i've learnt from my mistakes in the solomans :biggrin:
Reply 1647
finally done all C3 soloman papers and got 2 more to go for C4, then gnna do hardcore physics revision (so no maths for a while) and then do actual exam papers and see what i've learnt from my mistakes in the solomans :biggrin:

Hi mate could you help me with Question 6c on this paper how would you eliminate t to get y on its own?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nm786
Hi mate could you help me with Question 6c on this paper how would you eliminate t to get y on its own?

Try squaring x.

Spoiler

Reply 1649
Original post by brittanna
Try squaring x.

Spoiler

Cheers, I get it now mate, I use the identity 1 + cot^2t = cosec^2t and just rearrange y and x.
Retaking C3 and taking C4 for the first time. Hating C4 though, its such a boring module overall :redface:
Original post by nm786
Cheers, I get it now mate, I use the identity 1 + cot^2t = cosec^2t and just rearrange y and x.

sorry didn't see your post earlier, hope you got it now :biggrin:
Reply 1652
sorry didn't see your post earlier, hope you got it now :biggrin:

No worries mate, yep i got it now thanks.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by shorttstuff
Retaking C3 and taking C4 for the first time. Hating C4 though, its such a boring module overall :redface:

i'd disagree with you on that, probably out of all the core modules, C4 probably most interesting, but then again thats how i feel, and i can understand why you would think so, you need to click with the module to actually enjoy it, for instance i didn't click with C1 when i first did it, i look back now obviously and think yeh its easy but at the time it just wasn't my thing. so yeh anyways as much as you might not find C4 fun, keep practicing and practicing and eventually you will get the grades you really want !!

Just watch out for those silly mistakes that could easily cost you a grade or two !
Reply 1654
I have given up and started to learn the answers than to understand them fully... don't have much time left now :frown:
Reply 1655
Original post by tsr1
I have given up and started to learn the answers than to understand them fully... don't have much time left now :frown:

Do you need help with C4?
Original post by tsr1

this is when TSR comes into use ! ask us for help, honestly TSR alone has boosted my confidence by definitely 40% or so :biggrin: soo ...

EDIT: when i think about it, i only joined a few months ago and it was probably the best decision i made in terms of encouraging me to get the high grades.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1657
Original post by nm786
Do you need help with C4?

yep for c4 I am now actually learning the steps because there isn't much time left to understand each part.. don't u think?
i'd disagree with you on that, probably out of all the core modules, C4 probably most interesting, but then again thats how i feel, and i can understand why you would think so, you need to click with the module to actually enjoy it, for instance i didn't click with C1 when i first did it, i look back now obviously and think yeh its easy but at the time it just wasn't my thing. so yeh anyways as much as you might not find C4 fun, keep practicing and practicing and eventually you will get the grades you really want !!

Just watch out for those silly mistakes that could easily cost you a grade or two !

yeah its probably just me not understanding everything and getting annoyed! I've resat C1 already and because of a silly mistake got the last question wrong, I think I should be ok with C3 and C4 though. Thanks for the advice!
p.s. it wasn't me that negged you, I don't know who did :dontknow:
Original post by shorttstuff
yeah its probably just me not understanding everything and getting annoyed! I've resat C1 already and because of a silly mistake got the last question wrong, I think I should be ok with C3 and C4 though. Thanks for the advice!
p.s. it wasn't me that negged you, I don't know who did :dontknow:

dw we all get the same problems, feel free to post any questions on here, im sure me or any other user would be happy to help !! yep i told you its silly mistakes :frown: we NEED to get a method not to make silly mistakes lol. good luck and your welcome.

loool dw, guess people have different views to me even though i only adviced :dontknow: haha
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending